Discuss ElectriciansForums and Google Homepage in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Admin
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

A few years ago (actually, quite a few - tut I feel old now) I ran a car enthusiast website (and forum, of course) and the members requested that I made a homepage, with a Google Search facility on it, just like the one most of you (statistically proven) use as your own Internet Browser homepage - so the page that opens when you open Internet Explorer / Firefox / whatever, which apparently most use google.co.uk.

Anyway, the reason they wanted me to make one for them was so they could have links, or drop down boxes, just a couple, so it'll look like the white google homepage but with a couple of drop-down boxes going to websites we chose as a group.

Now I thought, wouldn't it be cool if those that wanted such a thing, could have a drop down box leading to supplier websites or electrical-related advice websites, perhaps a drop-down box for sponsors to stay supportive, and a box with our own websites in it perhaps.

So.... I put to you, if I made such a page, what links would you want to link to from the couple of drop-down boxes?

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
G

Guest123

Cool idea mate.

I would say sites like all the part p scheme providers, the JIB perhaps. Online sellers like TLC, screwfix electricfix. A link to the actual part p document.

I made a sticky thread a while ago with links to the most popularly posted websites for reference on here, including some of the ones I've mentioned above. Also Jason has a sticky on part p and scheme providers which I also linked to in my sticky at the top of the general forum. Perhaps you could pick a few of these.

Cheers.

Dan

Admin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Clocked that post mate, thanks for the input. I'll let some more reply with link suggestions and perhaps get onto it then.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to ElectriciansForums and Google Homepage in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom