Discuss ElectriciansForums.co.uk Now Using HTTPS instead of HTTP in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
I just have a few more tweaks to do, but we're now running on HTTPS instead of HTTP. Which is more secure and prevents the likes of 'man in the middle' attacks when you're out and about browsing our forums.

Note that we also allow two-step verification for logging in too. So that you get notified if somebody else tries to login as you.

And we Google Web Services for our own in-house emails, rather than our own mail server. And we us Amazon Web Services for the forum auto-emails, rather than our own mail server. So that nobody can gain access via those either.

We use CloudFlare Web Protection services to route all traffic via to get checked before loading the website, which keeps the baddies away.

So all that combined makes us genuinely one of the most secure websites online. We pass with flying colours all tests I can find. :)

Reply to ElectriciansForums.co.uk Now Using HTTPS instead of HTTP in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsor @RF Solutions Ltd to the forum! RF Solutions are UK manufacturers of radio remote...
Replies
Views
Mila are on the lookout for qualified electricians across the UK. We are about to go live with Amazon Home Services in all regions, meaning that...
Replies
Views
I thought that I posted this in the DIY part of the forum but I believe I did not. I am sorry about that. I put in a 10' x 20' metal shed about...
Replies
Views
ElectriciansForums.co.uk Updated October 2020[/] I’ve updated the .co.uk domain to include its own blog, tell us what you think about it. Nothing...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock