Discuss ElectriciansForums.net Advertisements Have Been Reduced, And Will Be Reduced Moreso Soon in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

As always, you can either remove all Google ads and sponsors ads by subscribing to the forum: Subscribe to ElectriciansForums.net and Get No Ads! - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/subscribe-to-electriciansforums-net-and-get-no-ads.176537/

You can also use ad-blockers. That's fine with me.

Another way before today was to ensure your post quality was awesome, and you'd automatically get stuck in the Esteemed Member group, which had about 75% less ads than everybody else (it should have been nearer 90% less but I'd screwed something up - sorry about that!).

Though from today, those with X amount of posts should get no Google ads. The X is a figure that today right now is set at 1000 posts. So the day a person hits 1000 posts, all Google ads should go. Esteemed also, even if less than 1000 posts.

And that figure will change as I run testing on revenue. There will be a sweet spot somewhere around the 450 mark I'm guessing but I'd not want to remove ads for people then back down on that and stick some back again. That'd annoy you even more than having them but getting used to them.

So I'll give it a few days then make it 900, then give it a few and make it 800, and so on. And then eventually end up with a sweet spot for this forum where I make some money for food and rent, I'll never be a millionaire, but I also wont annoy people.

Even I hate Ads. Yet my whole revenue comes from them. So needs must. :D

Sponsors ads will always be knocking around. Their posts knock around even if you subscribe ( though most of their ads go, sidebar ones etc ).

But you need to support those guys like they support this forum because without them, we wouldn't be here at all.

The forum looks ace when you're a subscriber - Subscribe to ElectriciansForums.net and Get No Ads! - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/subscribe-to-electriciansforums-net-and-get-no-ads.176537/ - here is the link again. You literally browse just the forum as if it doesn't have any funding source and it's somehow massive and has huge running costs, but your small annual or monthly payment covers your portion of the costs.

But the forum looks really nice with no ads at all. Unfortunately I browse with no Google ads (that's a Google violation for account owners) but all sponsors ads, so that I can check for things going wrong with them and move them around when they're not loading at the right size or speed etc etc.

Thanks to all users for hanging in there. I know you've moaned a bit but I know you've also understood that at this time, it was just needed. Used to be if you logged in, no Google ads, even if you never posted. Can't see them days coming back. But I can keep lowering the X count as long as I've got food on the table. :)

Thanks again guys and gals.

Dan, Lou and my Daughter - who all ate because of your patience. :)

ElectriciansForums.net Advertisements Have Been Reduced, And Will Be Reduced Moreso Soon electricians-forums-advertisements.PNG - EletriciansForums.net

Dan

I have been using AdBlock for some time so it's difficult to know if Google ads are gone because of your administrations or if blocked by my AdBlock, for some time now the Forum has been behaving as it always did in the past without the annoying pop up adds, again I don't know if this is because of my addon or not, sorry I could not be more help.

i've not seen google ads for months. only the sposors block ads to the right side. but they are gone now.at least on this thread. sponsors ads are there on new posts, but it'snoproblem.it was the google ads for stupid things nobody wants that popped up everywhere with the option "not to see this ad anymore". 2 minutes later the same ad was back. think adblock has done it for me.

Never had a problem with ads so far @Dan....don’t use adblockers either so all good for me ?

Those who are already "Esteemed" (wow that sounds so gay, who --- up with that? mwhaaha?) would have not seen many.

So, for those not using ad-blockers, or already esteemed, it seems okay then?!

I'll reduce the X in a few days after checking some stats. We'll see some more involved in this thread no doubt.

Looking good so far Thanks Dan ?
I think you're the only one out of the few who have replied so far that would have seen ads. The rest are esteemed and / or using ad-blockers.

So can you confirm that when you browse all threads and stuff, you see no ads, is that correct?

If I’m at home using my Wi-Fi network no google adds, as soon as l am on 4g or a different network get loads of google adds, this is on a iPhone,

Okay well again 'esteemed' shouldn't but I did find the odd setting that could have caused some.

So fingers crossed I've sorted it.

And like I say, although it's now 1000+ posts see no ads, in a few days it'll be 800 etc.

Forum seems better for ads than it has been for months for me.

Last few months has been a bit of a shocker for the amount of google ads for me. Looking much better this evening ?

I'm on Android, and the adverts have varied recently. There was a phase a few weeks ago where I had 3/4 quarters of the screen full of adverts, and then a really annoying one that dropped down from the top and covered the top bar!!

I did wonder where all the ads went, think my post count (just checked) is over 1k bit not by much. Hopefully some of my posts have contributed positively to the forum and not just talking out my arse. Gift-it-on thread never took off which is a shame but was worth a try.

then a really annoying one that dropped down from the top and covered the top bar!!
YES! I very nearly sacked this place off as it was ----ing me off so much and thought too much faff to switch to an ad blocking android browser. Heck the rest could've stayed if just that one alone buggered off (,not an invite to give me back ads @Dan ) ?

Reply to ElectriciansForums.net Advertisements Have Been Reduced, And Will Be Reduced Moreso Soon in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock