Discuss Electricity Key Meter Difference? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

whazza22

Hi all,

Does anyone know a rough estimate on how much more it costs to have a key meter compared to a standard meter?

Obviously it varies depending on the usage but a rough idea on whether its a lot higher or only slightly would be good,

Thanks

need to contact supplier. check their tariffs.

It can work out cheaper...

You pay for what you use rather than a set amount every month and building credit up with your supplier. Build it up in your bank account rather than theres!...

The cost per unit will vary though depending on supplier though...

Be careful, meter tariffs can be sky high if a rented property has debts from previous tenants. On a visit tother day I had a quick look for a customer and their day rate was 45p a unit !!!! Paying a 3 grand debt back from a previous tenant.

As soon as you move into a property you need to register the utilities in your name to avoid paying higher unit prices for previous debts.

Be careful, meter tariffs can be sky high if a rented property has debts from previous tenants. On a visit tother day I had a quick look for a customer and their day rate was 45p a unit !!!!Paying a 3 grand debt back from a previous tenant.

They should tell the supplier to go take a long walk of a short pier as it is not their debt and would be taking the supplier to court for charging them for a debt from a previous tenant

They should tell the supplier to go take a long walk of a short pier as it is not their debt and would be taking the supplier to court for charging them for a debt from a previous tenant

Once the supplier knows the occupiers have changed they stop charging the debt to them. This usually only happens when the new occupier rings the supplier to see why it's costing them so much.

Be careful, meter tariffs can be sky high if a rented property has debts from previous tenants. On a visit tother day I had a quick look for a customer and their day rate was 45p a unit !!!! Paying a 3 grand debt back from a previous tenant.

when a new tenant occupies, they should contact supplier to get change of tenancy, this will then trigger a wipedown of debt on the prepayment meter.

It's worth changing the details over whatever the situation - the tenant might have no idea they are paying the previous tenant's bill and might either think the bills are high because it's poorly insulated or because it's a prepay meter, or just have no idea and pay up assuming it must be right.

Reply to Electricity Key Meter Difference? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net