Discuss Electricity Price Hike in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

overskilled

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Just got quote to recontract electricity.....unit price up from 16p per unit to 21, unit cost 22p a day, gas up as well but not as much
result, direct debit goes from 132 a month to 172 (!!!) - a 30% increase.....and no one else is much cheaper, inflation they all bleat, same as insurance, no one on road last year, crashes way way down and yet premiums up across the board....really great when your on a fixed income....spitting feathers and worrying at the same time...looks like it will be down to heating one room properly and rest will be sweater and gloves.....This for a well insulated 2 bed end terraced in NE Scotland, occupied all day as the wife is disabled. Tearing my hair out....

TL;DR
Electric price hikes....
Our energy bills have gone up quite a bit too. I am not looking forward to Winter.

No power or gas, no petrol, no turkey!!! What are we going to do?!

Electricity Price Hike {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Supplier (avro) went bust so now being transferred to Octopus Energy on a deemed contract which might be cheaper than my fixed deal...

Here in Norway we have a platform to check the price. It's Strøm24.no . Input your location and power usage and the other info it needs. Use the list to find out how much you should pay, and if you should change to a cheaper provider.

Reply to Electricity Price Hike in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock