Discuss Electrics in Spain in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mayfair

On the band wagon but its not so bad here in Spain now all new installs prety good specs for say 2 bed appartment are
example only

Dist Box 40 amp general breaker 25 amp RCB, 10A lighting circuit (max 20 lights all 1.5 single core) 16A plugs circuit (max 10 sockets all 2.5mm single core) , 20Amp breaker Dishwasher/Washing machine (2 sockets max 4mm single) 25 amp oven socket( 1 socket 6mm single cable ) all mcbs double L n N thats gov bodies minimum.
So not too bad older installs being slowly upgraded since the introduction af ICP breaker you have to have an inspection when fitted so if install bad you must get upgraded.
Their getting there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

What's there reason for 4mm for radial with 2 x sockets on a 20a MCB?

Is it length?

Unless I've read it wrong
Sorry m8 bloody keyboard and my brain lol
will give you basic rules .... i did'nt make them might not agree but this is it as set down by Ministry of Science and Technology ie the governing body here in Spain the reg is called ITC-BT25
requirments for basic electrification as they put it it depends on what supply you are receiving
Main switch 5750 W = 25A Main Switch 7360W = 32W thats the basic
so from there 40A 30ma dif (RCD or RCB) not sure what you say now (been here 20 years)
then 5 circuits from that on mcb's
c1= 10A 2x1.5 lighting max lights 30 .... inside flex tube 16mm
c2 = 16A 2x2.5mm sockets max 20 sockets ... inside flex tube 16mm
c3 = 25A 2x 6mm 2 outlets 1 oven etc ...inside flex tube 25mm
c4 = 20A 2 x 4mm 3 outlets boiler, dishwasher, washing machine etc inside 20mm flex tube
c5 = 16A 2.2.5mm Bathroom/Kitchen 6 outlets inside 20mm flex tube

after that you go to 9 mcb's for extra lighting plus sockets and air con
does that help ?

All new installs are isued with a cert tests similar to uk all upgrades are done on self test basis

Great post mayfair. Heading over to fuengirola after a death in the family to sort out the apartments plumbing, electrics etc etc so some great pointers there for me.

cheers.

If i can help you with anything else just give me a shout, Im a lot further north .....Alicante There is a CEF in Fungeriola see if you can get an old lecky bill as you will need to fit ICP to mains in if contracted supply states for example 5000w you will need to put single pole 25A ICP in or near D Box cost about 16€ wall mount box 5 ish

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for that. I was planning on just using the AKI in fuengirola but CEF will be handy to know. Don't know what to expect till I get over there. It was a fairly recent build (last 20 years) but as you know that can mean almost anything. Will be working my way back north of you to stop off at my mums on the way back, albir near altea so about 45 mins north of you. I'll be taking the laptop with me in the van so you might be getting some messages!

Cheers.

under spanish regs you are only allowed to have max of 5 circuits per RCD.
thats why i originally wrote :- so from there 40A 30ma dif (RCD or RCB) not sure what you say now (been here 20 years)
then 5 circuits from that on mcb's
c1= 10A 2x1.5 lighting max lights 30 .... inside flex tube 16mm
c2 = 16A 2x2.5mm sockets max 20 sockets ... inside flex tube 16mm
c3 = 25A 2x 6mm 2 outlets 1 oven etc ...inside flex tube 25mm
c4 = 20A 2 x 4mm 3 outlets boiler, dishwasher, washing machine etc inside 20mm flex tube
c5 = 16A 2.2.5mm Bathroom/Kitchen 6 outlets inside 20mm flex tube
looks like 5 circuits to me ???????

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah was just trying to point out that should you decide to add additional circuits that you require an additional RCD, i wasnt disputing what you wrote.

Hi Mayfair

Found your posts really usefull, thanks! As a registered electrician here in the UK, working on my Alicante house has been a bit frustrating with only limited info. I have had the infamous Iberdrola letter saying I need to install a 'PCS', not a problem once I decide which tariff to go for. What are the requirments for the meter tails for the different rated PCS's. The existing tails are 10mm (single insulated) and about 20m in length! Also what would be the corresponding main earth cable size from the electrode be? I'd rather get the install correct first time than have Iberdrola refuse it and have to come back to do the seals.

Thanks in advance... Brian

If your changing your tariff your gonna need a bolitin if you as an example have contracted 5kw you need 25A ICP you can only put the ICP in for the contracted supply, If you give me more info of exactly what your doing i can help further.
Cheers

Hi thanks for your response.

We are currently paying for a 3.5kw supply, but with no ICP and a 25A fused cutout we are able to pull 5kw. However, given the size of the house and amount of circuits I would prefer at least the next tariff up maybe even 10kw. (I don't have a list of tariffs or an Ibedrola bill here in the UK). So, that was my logic in asking about a change in tariff.

Any advice would be appreciated!

As a sideline when we got the house the suppliers cutout was wired the wrong way around with the fuse on the neutral, pretty impresive eh!

Brian

the ICP for your contracted supply is 15A 5Kw would allow 25A to upgrade you will need a full inspection and will probably involve replacing quite a few items.

Good job you don't need a 10.5KW shower then!! ...lol!!

Just goes to show how little you can get by on. In the UK they would want a 100A single phase supply straight off the bat on a new build!! In Cyprus you get the choice of 2 supplies single phase 7.5KVA (set) or 3 phase supply 17KVA (more if you pay a higher standing charge)

Reply to Electrics in Spain in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock