Discuss Electrics nearby dog washing station? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I’ve heard some people use kitchen sinks to wash their babies with plug sockets 30cm away.

It’s very confusing all this!
Not convinced dogs could ever be called livestock
Yes the requirements are vast and take years to learn so it’s not suprising your confused.

But to us sparkies it’s simple a room containing a bath or shower must comply with the regulations in order to be able to certify and notify to local authority.

As for dog and livestock. I have worked in cat and dog kennels and I apply the same regs to that as agricultural and livestock because that is what they are.

I’ve heard some people use kitchen sinks to wash their babies with plug sockets 30cm away.

You can spin this to suit what you want mate.
I'm presuming this is a business. If any of the customers beloved pet poochie get killed by electrocution then they will be trying to sue you for every penny you have. If your electrics are not as per regs and you don't have all the proper electrical certs then their solicitors will have a good case to sue you.

Been there myself, I remember my mum using the kitchen sink to bath me and my sisters when we were little. Saved on hot water consumption and if you were lucky enough to be the oldest (which i was) you went in first followed by your younger siblings.

can't see a dog with wet paws plugging in the hairdryer whatever, or sticking his claws into a socket outlet. common sense comes into the equation here, IMO.

Been there myself, I remember my mum using the kitchen sink to bath me and my sisters when we were little. Saved on hot water consumption and if you were lucky enough to be the oldest (which i was) you went in first followed by your younger siblings.

I'm tight and just kick the kids outside when its raining. Job done.. :laughing:

You can spin this to suit what you want mate.
I'm presuming this is a business. If any of the customers beloved pet poochie get killed by electrocution then they will be trying to sue you for every penny you have. If your electrics are not as per regs and you don't have all the proper electrical certs then their solicitors will have a good case to sue you.
If its a business then yes they will have to take the responsibility to ensure that the electrics and equipment are suitable for purpose, safe and in good working order, which as you say means I&T and PAT and any other building regs, insurance etc... is in place.
[automerge]1567769111[/automerge]
I'm tight and just kick the kids outside when its raining. Job done.. :laughing:
Well its bucketing down here where I am so might get the imperial leather out and have my yearly bath! :p
[automerge]1567769208[/automerge]
can't see a dog with wet paws plugging in the hairdryer whatever, or sticking his claws into a socket outlet. common sense comes into the equation here, IMO.
Obviously you never watched Britain's Got Talent then? :smile:

Well its bucketing down here where I am so might get the imperial leather out and have my yearly bath! :p

you've got no excuse for not bathing all year round. Birmingham's got more canals than Venice.

you've got no excuse for not bathing all year round. Birmingham's got more canals than Venice.
Yeah but we use them for the toilet :p

is that why they call it the black country?

Livestock. The clue is in the name.

It is stock, that someone uses in a business to buy and sell to make profit. Like a tin of beans on a supermarket shelf.
Difference is it is alive. Hence live-stock.

Dogs are pets. Unless you specifically breed them for meat.:oops:

There’s a dog groomer near me that hasnt thought of electrical safety. There’s a bath in one wall, with shower hose, a double socket on the opposite wall, and not an rcd to be seen.
The room must only be a couple of metres square.

We are doing the build to building regs however but I don’t think the inspector is interested in any of the electrics as long as it’s been signed off?

Usually only if electrician is registered with a relevant scheme to notify under regulation Part P

Reply to Electrics nearby dog washing station? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock