Discuss Electrocuted in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

For those that don't want to be tracked by state-run news, OR have US corps harvest their data.

(I jokes lol - Click either of the above, but here's the article)

A man was electrocuted by a floodlight while retrieving a football at a leisure centre sports pitch, an inquest has heard.

Albert Xhediku, 34, was pronounced dead in hospital after getting an electric shock at the Mountbatten Centre, Portsmouth, in January 2016.

The hearing was told a broken conduit box and switches had been "taped up".

Two other people had previously reported suffering electric shocks from the equipment, an inquest jury heard.

Portsmouth assistant coroner Lincoln Brookes said taxi driver Mr Xhediku was playing five-a-side football with friends on 17 January.

Police tape at leisure centre
Image captionEmergency services were called to the leisure centre after the fatal shock in 2016
The ball had gone out of play and collecting it involved climbing a fence because a gate to that area was locked.

Mr Brookes told jurors: "On his return he touched a floodlight and its post and in doing so received a fatal shock.

"Despite the best efforts of friends and the emergency services, he was confirmed dead at the Queen Alexandra Hospital later that evening."

Equipment associated with the floodlight was "in seemingly a very poor state" before the incident, Mr Brookes said.

One of the two people who reported receiving electric shocks before the fatal incident had told a Mountbatten Centre manager in December 2015, Mr Brookes told the jury.

'Lack of maintenance'
Fitim Noka, who was also playing football, told the court he heard his cousin Mr Xhedikhu screaming as he climbed back over the fence.

He said: "It was a scream that you know someone is in a very bad situation."

He said his cousin was stuck between the fence and the floodlight and four people received electric shocks as they pulled him down.

His friends carried out CPR before police and paramedics arrived, Mr Noka said.

Health and Safety Executive inspector Michelle Canning said the mast had become live because of damage caused by it swaying in the wind.

She told the court the fault remained undetected because of "poor installation methods and lack of maintenance".

The leisure complex was managed at the time by Parkwood Community Leisure on behalf of Portsmouth City Council, the court heard.

The inquest, which is due to last eight days, continues.

and 3 words more
[automerge]1569281974[/automerge]
Sometimes, people just have to take a little bit of care of themselves
[automerge]1569282143[/automerge]
Damn! My ball has just ended up in that sub-station enclosure!
Oh well, I'll climb over the fence...what can go wrong?
I mean, that high fence is just to keep sheep out, right?

Had an accident that wasn't your fault?
Get over it!

Gone are the days of public safety adverts on tv.
Football in substation
Flying a kite near pylons
Anti smoking superman.
Even darth Vader showing kids how to cross the road.

Have to update them for today:

“MEEOMEOWMEEEMEOOW”

“Charlie says, Don’t walk onto a busy road when you’re checking your likes on Instagram.

Have to update them for today:
“MEEOMEOWMEEEMEOOW”

“Charlie says, Don’t walk onto a busy road when you’re checking your likes on Instagram.

And double check for cyclists, they're likely to be travelling faster than other vehicles and concentrating on getting shots of other naughty road users on their Go-Pros, instead of looking out for pedestrians.

I thought the entire 220v extension lead fell into the bath tub...
Doesn’t actually mention extension lead but probably was so why didn’t sockets have RCD protection ? See below where the extension cable was on the floor.

A man in London, England was electrocuted and pronounced dead in his home after attempting to charge his iPhone while using it in the bath. According to a report from the Daily Mail, Richard Bull’s body was first discovered by his wife, who initially assumed he had been attacked based on the severity of the burns.

Police Commissioner Craig Pattison told the Mail that he couldn’t rule out suicide when he heard the details of the incident, but after arriving at the scene, police concluded that it was an accident:

The question was considered in the original call, but the cable wasn’t near the bath, it had been run there to charge a mobile phone.

The extension cable was on the floor
and it appeared as though he had his phone charger on his chest and the part between the phone charger and the cable had made contact with the water.

Bringing an electronic device into the bath while it’s plugged into an outlet is probably something you would avoid doing, but as unwilling as many of us are to walk away from our phones even for an instant, it’s not nearly as surprising as it probably should be that this happened.

Don’t bring electronic devices with you into the bath. Let’s keep hammering that point home.

I think one of the various news reports suggested she was discovered with the entire extension lead in the bath with her...

Reply to Electrocuted in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net