Discuss Electrode heaters own circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SimpleSimon

Anyone tell me if there's a regulation that says water heater electrodes have to be on their own dedicated circuit?? Ive thought this for years but now cant see the reg. Looked all through chapter 554 cant see it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

There isn't one Simon the same as there isn't one for a conventional water heater.

The guidance notes, forget which one now recommends that a heating vessel of >15 litres should be on it's own circuit.

Appenix 15 tells us that these types of equipment should not be feed via a ring main.

About the only reg that will guide is perhaps regulation 510.3 where it tells us of manufacturers instructions

There's always confusion between immersion heaters and electrode boilers, are you sure this is an electrode Simon?

There isn't one Simon the same as there isn't one for a conventional water heater.

The guidance notes, forget which one now recommends that a heating vessel of >15 litres should be on it's own circuit.

Appenix 15 tells us that these types of equipment should not be feed via a ring main.

About the only reg that will guide is perhaps regulation 510.3 where it tells us of manufacturers instructions

That was what i was thinking Malcolm. Knew id seen something but forgot about the guidance notes. Thanks.

There's always confusion between immersion heaters and electrode boilers, are you sure this is an electrode Simon?

Ill explain the situation.
Zip tap on a 13a FCU sharing a radual with 20a MCB(shared with outside lights)
doing a rewire in the kitchen. New cooker going in which is 6.7Kw previously ut was a gas cooker so wired into ring. Now the new cooker needs it's own circuit. What i want to do is get rid of water heater/lights radial and replace this space for new cooker otherwise it would mean changing board. (no space)
Im thinking zip tap can go onto new kitchen ring as its a small water heater though cant sew the exact Kw.
I was just checking the reg for the specifications to see if it definetky needs its own circuit.

Ill explain the situation.
Zip tap on a 13a FCU sharing a radual with 20a MCB(shared with outside lights)
doing a rewire in the kitchen. New cooker going in which is 6.7Kw previously ut was a gas cooker so wired into ring. Now the new cooker needs it's own circuit. What i want to do is get rid of water heater/lights radial and replace this space for new cooker otherwise it would mean changing board. (no space)
Im thinking zip tap can go onto new kitchen ring as its a small water heater though cant sew the exact Kw.
I was just checking the reg for the specifications to see if it definetky needs its own circuit.

Ah right, the Zip Taps go from 1.5kW up to about 6kW, maybe remove the cover and it'll be written inside?

OSG, 8.5; EGBR 4.5 and GN1, C4 advise "Water heaters fitted to storage vessels >15 litres ... should be supplied by their own separate circuit."

Reply to Electrode heaters own circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock