Discuss electrode questions in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

solaker

hi all
I need to put an electrical supply to three steel containers sited next to one another. I intend take it to a db in one of the containers and feed dbs in the other two from the db.
Firstly is it ok to put one electrode in for the main db or does each container db require an electrode.
Secondly, I havent confirmed if the main earth system is tns or tncs but if its tns, are electrodes still required I presume they would be

Thankyou

Reply to electrode questions in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would like some advice on a scenario currently at my workplace. I am replacing a Sub main DB and replacing the wiring to sockets/lights...
Replies
Views
On an EICR I found a 200 amp 3ph supply, TNS earthing (which looks original) and Ze of 19 ohms. No rods. No RCDs. L1 -> N was about 0.5 ohms...
Replies
Views
Today I came across an earth cable from the earth bar in the DB that went directly into the incoming neutral side of the main switch. The DB is...
Replies
Views
I’m a trainee electrician and would really appreciate the benefit of someone’s skill and experience on the following: Our house is a TN-C-S (100A...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock