Discuss Electronic transformer box - halogen light fitting...help! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone give me some advice. My light fitting has stopped working after my husband changed the bulbs. I think the transformer has blown (bulbs put in were too high wattage) and I’m looking to change it. Can anyone advice me of a good replacement for an NRE-80 transformer please. Picture below.

Electronic transformer box - halogen light fitting...help! C971A284-4B58-465B-87D8-D316891F41EC - EletriciansForums.net

Sparky alert, anyone close by who could help? Damsel in need of help.

If you need this asap I can only think Screwfix may have one.

Husband changed the bulbs and now it doesnt work.
How can that be the transformer?

OP, tell him to put the original bulbs back and see if it works. If it does, it isnt the transformer!

Then look at one of the new bulbs and one of the old bulbs. Compare the writing on each. Is it the same, or different. Post a photo of them here and can advise.

Just read your OP properly.
Those transformers have overload protection, so they stop working if the load is too much.
If he removes a couple of lamps it will probably start working again.

Need to know what the old and new lamps are so can tell you what size transformer you need.

Reply to Electronic transformer box - halogen light fitting...help! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock