uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Electronic transformer box - halogen light fitting...help! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi
Can anyone give me some advice. My light fitting has stopped working after my husband changed the bulbs. I think the transformer has blown (bulbs put in were too high wattage) and I’m looking to change it. Can anyone advice me of a good replacement for an NRE-80 transformer please. Picture below.

C971A284-4B58-465B-87D8-D316891F41EC.jpeg

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Sparky alert, anyone close by who could help? Damsel in need of help.

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
the lady might struggle to get a transformer for that light fitting let alone do alteration for the new transformer .make safe and get a spark in .

T

Toneyz

What sort of lamps does it take as may be worth fitting driver and having LED lamps?

Taylortwocities

-
Arms
Esteemed
Husband changed the bulbs and now it doesnt work.
How can that be the transformer?

OP, tell him to put the original bulbs back and see if it works. If it does, it isnt the transformer!

Then look at one of the new bulbs and one of the old bulbs. Compare the writing on each. Is it the same, or different. Post a photo of them here and can advise.

Taylortwocities

-
Arms
Esteemed
Just read your OP properly.
Those transformers have overload protection, so they stop working if the load is too much.
If he removes a couple of lamps it will probably start working again.

Need to know what the old and new lamps are so can tell you what size transformer you need.

Reply to Electronic transformer box - halogen light fitting...help! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom