Discuss Elesca assessment non compliance help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sivoodoo

Hi All,

I have my second elecsa assessment in two days and im briking it as usual!

I have two problems.

1. I have lost 3 electrical installation certs out of the 11 jobs ive submitted, computer errors and bad backups caused me to loose them. I have contacted the customers to get thier copy but no one has got back to me. Will the assessor want to see every certificate?

2. On the job I hope to show him ( a rewire i did last year) the customer has had an oven hob installed right under the cooker switch! :(The kitchen is fitted. What do I do?

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Si.

I know this wont help but spend a tenner and buy a USB memeory stick and put all your business stuff on the PC into 1 folder then and the end of each week copy it over to the MS. This is good practice and when disaster strikes you can care not a jot I dont say this because I am smug I say it because I have been their on a smaller scale many moons ago when PCs were less reliable and even today I do not trust them a bit plus I sleep a lot better

I hate to say this but with notifiable work the only thing to do is to keep a "hard copy" in a file. It won't take more than a minute or two after each job to file the invoice, copy certificate and the Elecsa "online" copy together.

At least this way you'll have it all to hand when the assessment is made and won't have sleepless nights!

Good luck.

Always print off 2 copies of certs, 1 goes into an A4 folder for that particular months and getc filed away safely.

Do you have any other jobs to take him to see other than the one with the cooker switch above the cooker......surely you must have in 12 months???

I second that. All my accounting, manuals, cert, eastcert backs etc are all on 2 memeory sticks.

Paranoid about losing anything

Amp your not pariniod as I say it does not matter how good PCs are I nagged my niece about backing up her photos from her phone and said I will even give you a blank CD so you can back up on to your laptop and then you will have 2 copies but nope and then she got her phone and laptop nicked

I have one other job I can get access to, but wanted to show the complete rewire as everything is great apart from the cooker under the switch! I said I would move the switch for the client but they dont want more mess etc!

Dont worry about the missing certs, he probably wont even notice, and if he does just be honest and explain. The worst that will happen is that he will inform you of a non compliance and tell you that next year it wont be acceptable. so as previous posts state, keep more than one copy. I use USB stick, laptop and Desktop PC's so have 3 copies.

Regarding the cooker connection, the cooker wasnt there when you installed the connection, and you did it to plans. Had similar a while ago when i fitted a 240v fan in a bathroom at ceiling height just far enough away from the bath, only to find that on my assessment the bath had been taken out and a bloody shower cubicle installed, and the fan was in the cubicle.

There's nothing you can do because it happened after you done your install.
If that was me, I would make a letter addressed to the client detailing the date you did the install and a date (if known) of when the hob was installed. Detailing the reg that the install does not comply with. This way you've at least demonstrated that you understand there's a non-compliance and get the customer to sign so they understand any problems has nothing to do with you.

Instead / aswell a keeping a memory stick copy why not email them to an account with gmail or the like (encrypt if you want) then they are away from your house in case of fire / flood etc. Also you can pull it back from anywhere else should you need it.

dont worry about the cooker switch.....................it not your responsibility or fault that this was done after u did the re-wire and after u carried out your tests or inspections of final ccts.
Take them to this job if its your only one available, explain what has been done and that u have made reccomendations to client regarding this. That is all u can do im afraid.

Remember, they are on ur side and not out to catch u out as you pay their wages at the end of the day. as long as you justify anything u do than u have nothing to worry about

Reply to Elesca assessment non compliance help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net