• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss ELEX show 1st & 2nd Feb in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A small promotional plug for you sparks :)

Professional Electrician
will be hosting 6 ELEX shows in 2017.
The first one is at Alexandra Palace on Wed 1st and Thur 2nd February.

It is free entry at all the ELEX shows and you even get a bacon roll voucher. You can pre-register or turn up at the door - www.elexshow.info

If you want to see the latest electrical products and seminars then why not come along. We had over 20,000 visitors in 2016.

Reactions: Dan

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
Manchester is the only venue I'd consider attending, but now they've stopped doing Saturdays. traffic on a Friday afternoon means a 4 hour journey to get home 30 miles away. so it's thanks but no thanks. better thing to do with a weekday.

ELEX Manchester has been running since 2012, but has always been a Thur & Fri.

I fully appreciate time is money and making the decision to attend a trade show has to be weighed up with the schedule of work you will have.

ELEX Venues: Alexandra Palace, Manchester, Exeter, Harrogate, Coventry and Sandown Park. (all week days)

Dan

I'm not a sparky but I know a couple ;-)
Staff member
Admin
You have to weigh up the odds. Lose a day's work every couple of years against networking and finding new suppliers and products etc to make more profit for your business long term.

It can pay off big time for some. Especially newer businesses perhaps.

Midwest

Electrician's Arms
Perhaps the organisers should consider weekend events. The first & last one I went to at Sandown Park, I got stuck in traffic going to it, and then stuck on the M25 on the way home. I spent more time gettin there & back, than at the event. Few self employed people can justify taking a day off work. Just a thought.

Others would argue that their 'weekend time' is also precious and they may wish to be with their family etc.

The fact we had 20,116 visitors at 5 shows in 2016 suggests the formula is working, we are never going to be able to please everyone all of the time.

Like Dan said you need to see the merit and value in spending at least half a day at a show. Do you want to listen to seminars on the latest regs, do you want to speak direct to manufacturers, do you want to pick up show deals.

There is the opportunity for electricians to experience an event that breaks up the working week and offers them something different , with the sole purpose of trying to help the electrician strive to be successful.

Midwest

Electrician's Arms
I seem to recall, that these shows have builders, plumbers as well as electricians? Even Oxford UTD has those sorts attendance for two matches. :)
If you had them on a Saturday, her indoors could drop me off, while she goes shopping somewhere!

The mighty 'U's. Milk Cup winners in the mid eighties.

ELEX & Toolfair does attract a trade audience of Builders, Electricians and Plumbers. (via our magazines PB, PE & PHPI)

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
from the horse's mouth.last time i went to elex at manchester, the can't do weekends as X factor pay more. so again, money talks.

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Either way, idea is, take a day off, meet with the lads in the day, network and get some good prices and things, find some new products that your competitors haven't got, meet up with the forum lads and other people in the evening, go for food, drinks, late one at hotel, get up, breaky, set off when the traffic isn't too bad, head home, but don't go home, go the pub or the match or whatever, say to the mrs you're still at the show stuck in traffic, yada yada yada bish bosh bash. You've had a good weekend, you claim all the VAT back, offset it all against expenses, win win win.

What's the issue with bloody half hour traffic jam for that? lol

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
Either way, idea is, take a day off, meet with the lads in the day, network and get some good prices and things, find some new products that your competitors haven't got, meet up with the forum lads and other people in the evening, go for food, drinks, late one at hotel, get up, breaky, set off when the traffic isn't too bad, head home, but don't go home, go the pub or the match or whatever, say to the mrs you're still at the show stuck in traffic, yada yada yada bish bosh bash. You've had a good weekend, you claim all the VAT back, offset it all against expenses, win win win.

What's the issue with bloody half hour traffic jam for that? lol
hahaha. Dan Trump is it? we're not all billionaires. £6 a pint and a £150 hotel .....my arse.

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Christ no I can't afford to go lol

I mean you lot that are loaded working 7 days a week to avoid the Mrs. Go spend a bit lol

The trick is, find the hotel your suppliers are in, and go get them treat you.

leemn

EF Member
A small promotional plug for you sparks :)

Professional Electrician
will be hosting 6 ELEX shows in 2017.
The first one is at Alexandra Palace on Wed 1st and Thur 2nd February.

It is free entry at all the ELEX shows and you even get a bacon roll voucher. You can pre-register or turn up at the door - www.elexshow.info

If you want to see the latest electrical products and seminars then why not come along. We had over 20,000 visitors in 2016.
Can you please tell me how I can pre-register for the Exeter show. Thanks

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
Can you please tell me how I can pre-register for the Exeter show. Thanks
pick up a copy of professional electrician at your wholesalers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.