• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Elexshow in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

alectrician 1

EF Member
Hi gents are any of you attending Elexshow at the Ricoh Arena Coventry on this coming Thursday or Friday ?.
What are your thoughts on the show and do you think it's worth going even if it's only for a T shirt and bacon sarnie.
Appreciate your comments, thankyou in advance.

Kate

Electrician's Arms
DIY
Hi gents are any of you attending Elexshow at the Ricoh Arena Coventry on this coming Thursday or Friday ?.
What are your thoughts on the show and do you think it's worth going even if it's only for a T shirt and bacon sarnie.
Appreciate your comments, thankyou in advance.
Love the username!
I'm hopefully going if work doesn't intervene. I think it's worth it, I go every couple of years. Can get some good deals on tools while there.
It's not just a tshirt and a bacon roll, cups, Pens, pencils etc etc. If they can advertise on it, you get it for free. I managed to sweet talk one of the reps into a few free volt sticks last time
Can get good advice on new products to the market, new contacts for buying products, and advertising help

Vortigern

Regular EF Member
If its close enough (Coventry aint) I go to tell the various manufacturers there is a real world out there and they need to design accordingly. How many times have you struggled to terminate in poorly designed equipment? Its a chance to strike back for the empire!

Kate

Electrician's Arms
DIY
If its close enough (Coventry aint) I go to tell the various manufacturers there is a real world out there and they need to design accordingly. How many times have you struggled to terminate in poorly designed equipment? Its a chance to strike back for the empire!
I'm from Bristol and I'm going?

gazdkw82

Trainee
Trainee Access
im going to try and leave work half day on the Friday, It would mean id gete there for 12ish.

Not sure how much id miss at that point

Pete999

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
im going to try and leave work half day on the Friday, It would mean id gete there for 12ish.

Not sure how much id miss at that point
You might miss Tony Cable and his words of wisdom

Pete999

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Love the username!
I'm hopefully going if work doesn't intervene. I think it's worth it, I go every couple of years. Can get some good deals on tools while there.
It's not just a tshirt and a bacon roll, cups, Pens, pencils etc etc. If they can advertise on it, you get it for free. I managed to sweet talk one of the reps into a few free volt sticks last time
Can get good advice on new products to the market, new contacts for buying products, and advertising help
Need to be there very early on if you are hoping to get a free super rod

Kate

Electrician's Arms
DIY
Need to be there very early on if you are hoping to get a free super rod
I don't like mass groups of people, so the thought of being in the very beginning scrabble to get there is one of my worst fears.

gutterball

Electrician's Arms
I would go if they held one in Scotland. for me to attend any of the shows would be 2 days off and the expense of travel and an overnight stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.