Discuss Elta fan help in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ian969

-
Reaction score
Hi,
I hope you can help, we have an elta raptor fan sda400 4-1, taken from a pub. My electrician friend tried to wire it into the controller on the hood but the fan stayed at 1 speed very slow and made a vroom noise ask it went round. It was originally wired into a cut off switch but I just want it into a standard controller with live,neut and earth. I assume the wire set up is different, I have looked on the wiring diagrams on the elta website can someone help, pics attached, Elta fan help Screenshot_20180805-180104_Drive - EletriciansForums.net Elta fan help 20180805_103152 - EletriciansForums.net Elta fan help 20180805_103117 - EletriciansForums.net Thankyou

Thanks for your reply, the bottom wires on the photo are the ones that went to the old cut off system in the pub it came from, so I guess they have wired it up for that. The wires at the top go into the fan, I've attached another pic although it's not very clear gives a view of what I assume is a transformer or capacitor? Thanks for the drawing I thought the orange wire needed connecting. On the diagram at the top from elta site it shows a black wire looping from z2 to neut whats ment to be inbetween that shown as 2 black blocks?Elta fan help 20180805_103135 - EletriciansForums.net

those 2 "blackblocks" are the capacitor.

Ahh ok it's startin to make sense, the capacitor is the white cylinder thing on the side that should goto the z1 and n, and the orange loop to the live. You'd think my mate would work this out hes only been an electrician for 50 years haha.

Reply to Elta fan help in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock