Discuss Elusive Training in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Progressing

UPS TRAINING

I have recently completed my electrical apprenticeship, All distinctions and loving the job but I want to move into the UPS field..

Has anybody recently moved into this field or know of a progression route that doesn't involve £4000 and another 3 years of day release college for the HNC? I only ask as there seem to be no trainee or junior UPS engineer roles posted anywhere!!

thanks in advance.

Afraid that's the only way to get into the UPS specialization area of our industry, and that's basically being employed and trained by those companies that manufacture and install such systems. Obviously the higher your education/qualifications, the better chance and position you will be in to gain employment with such companies...

So it maybe worthwhile contacting these companies direct as far as job/training opportunities... Don't expect early success in the present economic climate, but may be worth gently badgering them over a period of time, just don't over do it!! lol!!

Cheers for the reply, definitely electrical food for thought!
I met an UPS engineer the other day who managed to move straight into the field from being a JIB electrician. I assume in his case it may of been a little bit of "who you know" rather than what you know.

Reply to Elusive Training in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
So I recently completed a 4 year apprenticeship, EAL Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and HNC in Electronic and Electrical...
Replies
Views
Good morning everyone, Thanks for having me! I was an apprentice from May 2008- August 2009 gaining my Level 2 certificate in Electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My first post and would like to share my thoughts on my plan to retrain. Currently a Network Manager but started out as an CAD...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock