Discuss Elwctrical/building services HNC choice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

I am a qualified approved spark now working in estimating for the past few years. I have the option of completing a HNC paid by the company I work for on day release. But, what do I go for Building services or Electrical/electronics?

The company is commercial/industrial and completes install projects but also has mechanical departments, AC etc.

Has anyone experience of either, good or bad. If so can anyone recommend which path based in their experiences.

I plan to stay within the electrical industry but like the option of possibly moving to the FM sector in the future.

Thanks

CJ

I would recommend Building Services. It is in my opinion a bit more Mechanically biased.....but this will put you in a good footing for future roles. I did a building services degree but didn't like the office environment. I prefer being on the tools.

I would recommend Building Services. It is in my opinion a bit more Mechanically biased.....but this will put you in a good footing for future roles. I did a building services degree but didn't like the office environment. I prefer being on the tools.

Thanks. I suspect that is the way I will go. I agree with your dislike of the office environment, after 20 years on the tools it was a massive culture shock and after 5 years I still miss going home feeling I have done a proper days work. For me it means I can earn roughly the same as on the tools without working weekends etc. Love dusting the old tools down now and again though, you never lose it haha

Thanks again.

Reply to Elwctrical/building services HNC choice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net