Discuss Email from the CEO of Certsure (The company who own Stroma, NAPIT, ELECSA and NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Octopus

So this just dropped into my inbox:

"Many thanks for your email last week on the issues facing our industry. I am pleased to say we had a positive response and we have reviewed every single email we received.

The key themes that have emerged are as follows:

• In terms of licencing electricians many respondents were explicitly in favour, balanced by positive comments for the current QS system.

• Many respondents are anti-short courses

• Most respondents welcomed one register for Part P contractors

• All respondents who mentioned 3rd Party Inspection did not do so positively.

• The 2013 review of Part P and the changes in England are seen by many as a backwards step for electrical safety

We have shared a summary of the responses to the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG). The Department is responsible for the Building Regulations and oversees Competent Persons Schemes. We are confident the responses will be useful to them during a review of Part P of the Building Regulations, which will take place in late 2014, early 2015.

In the meantime, we are planning to hold an early evening webinar for our customers on current industry issues and you will receive a personal invite. We will set the date early February. More generally we will keep you updated via our e-newsletter. In the meantime, thank you for your continued support.

Best wishes

Emma Clancy
CEO"

Really??

No mention of the high fees, yearly inspections and nothing about the lack of "real" policing by the schemes or LABC's

So this just dropped into my inbox:

"Many thanks for your email last week on the issues facing our industry. I am pleased to say we had a positive response and we have reviewed every single email we received.

The key themes that have emerged are as follows:

• In terms of licencing electricians many respondents were explicitly in favour, balanced by positive comments for the current QS system.

Only by those companies that are currently abusing the system!!

• Many respondents are anti-short courses

She mean ALL the qualified electricians were anti short courses!!

• Most respondents welcomed one register for Part P contractors

Notice the side stepping here, trying to limit the register to Part Pee contractors!!

• All respondents who mentioned 3rd Party Inspection did not do so positively.

She sounds surprised!! lol!!

• The 2013 review of Part P and the changes in England are seen by many as a backwards step for electrical safety

The part pee providers have been seen as a backward step from it's conception, and made worse by the scam providers themselves!!

We have shared a summary of the responses to the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG). The Department is responsible for the Building Regulations and oversees Competent Persons Schemes. We are confident the responses will be useful to them during a review of Part P of the Building Regulations, which will take place in late 2014, early 2015.

In the meantime, we are planning to hold an early evening webinar for our customers on current industry issues and you will receive a personal invite. We will set the date early February. More generally we will keep you updated via our e-newsletter. In the meantime, thank you for your continued support.

Best wishes

Emma Clancy
CEO"

Really??

No mention of the high fees, yearly inspections and nothing about the lack of "real" policing by the schemes or LABC's

Watch out for a lot more wriggling by these parasites in the coming weeks and months, they ain't gonna give you ''cash cows'' up without an all out fight!! lol!!

Myself and Tony have discussed this at length,and although it does not affect us directly as we are both retired we both feel sorry for the youngsters that are joining the trade today.we were both fortunate enough to have been trained properly I.e time served and given a proper grounding in the job we did.However these days many are not being taught properly and I,m sure we all know of cases where this lack of proper training has led to potentially dangerous situations arising.Also seeing some of the questions being asked on here by what has become known as 5 week wonders really concerns me,in my opinion our profession is no different from that of say a doctor,some of you may disagree with this however it,s a fact that in both these professions a mistake can prove fatal.I find it hard to believe that any government can allow anyone to pay out a few thousand pounds and after a few weeks training be allowed to work unsupervised in peoples homes on what is inherently a dangerous service,lets be honest here we have all heard the old adage,electricity is a wonderful servant but a poor master.While there may be certain cases where a short course could be beneficial,for example enabling someone who may have worked in the industry for many years without actually gaining any formal qualifications,what we knew as home grown sparks,these people are very often extremely competent but lack an actual certificate,in these cases yes a short course could be useful and I'm sure we'd all agree on this however the way the system is run at the minute leaves a lot to be desired.As for a register there needs to be one common register that has no axe to grind to police the system,the current system depends on people paying to belong to a certain organisation which benefits from the number of members.This dependency on their members does little to ensure an effective monitoring of members work,lets be honest has anyone ever heard of someone being removed from a scheme for shoddy workmanship? no I thought not.Also there needs to be an assessment of electricians coming here from abroad as they will undoubtedly be unfamiliar with our regulations,in most other countries this is a requirement,in fact I believe that in Australia and New Zealand not only must you pass a trade test but any foreign electrician wishing to work there must also work for a company for a period of time before being allowed to set up on their own.This not only ensures that they receive sufficient training but also that they are competent to work on their own,this seems to work abroad without any problems so I see absolutely no reason why such a system could not be implemented over here,the only people that seem to disagree seems to be the schemes who as we all know have a vested interest in the way things are currently,part P was only brought in following the death of an MP's relative,again a knee jerk reaction,there had been deaths of ordinary members of public and nothing was done.In my opinion it is high time that there was a change made that made things safer for everyone and put everyone on the same playing field,I cannot believe that an electrician such as Tony or I with a great many years experience are not considered suitable to carry out work on domestic properties yet someone with in some cases less than a months training is,provided of course that they have paid their scheme membership.

I think people are losing faith in the schemes now.
JIB were allowing NICEIC QS's gold cards based on having passed a number of inspections.
They have announced that they will discontinue this on the 1st December 2019
We all know that anyone can be a QS for the NIC. Looks like the JIB have now realised this too and are not confident enough in the level of training.

Reply to Email from the CEO of Certsure (The company who own Stroma, NAPIT, ELECSA and NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock