Discuss Emergency Lighting - Common Points / Modes of Failure? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, be kind, I used to be in the trainee section and need some advice regarding emergency lighting and common points / modes of failure which is a relatively new area for me. Two situations.

I have some work in a commercial setting, and have recently noticed that one of the non-maintained bulkheads is now permanently on, despite reading 230V across the permanent live and neutral. Once I break the permanent live via the fish tail key switch, the lamp and green LED indicator goes off. Does this simply indicate that the battery pack is unable to retain a charge and needs to be replaced? The unit is from TLC and appears to be order number EM TLC3NM.

Secondly, another variation of emergency light wired in switch-maintained, whereby the lamp is off with the permanent live connected, the green LED indicator on, while a series of random clicks can be heard from the control gear relay. The lamp remains off via the rocker switch that provides the switch feed, and via the fish tail key switch which breaks the permanent live. I might suspect the ballast, but should I suspect the control gear and just replace the fixture entirely? The unit is from BLE, Bradley Lomas Electronic, BD2/28/M3/0.

Any input would be appreciated.

Both fittings sound faulty, you have proved the supply is there by testing, and the green charging led is also lite......time to replace

Reply to Emergency Lighting - Common Points / Modes of Failure? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net