Discuss Emergency lighting testing. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

AdamDee

Can someone let me know the price to charge for an emergency light test? Just been asked to do 4 large offices and need to give a price asap.

Many thanks

Well to fully drain the batts you should leave them off for 3 hours i believe, normally on large scale buildings you can start to turn them off and by the time you finish doing all the circuits a few hours have passed and you go back to the first circuits and can tell which units do not last 3 hours and need the batts replacing.
So keep this in mind it should not be a quick turn off 'yes they work' turn back on, a 3 hour drain of the batts is required normally, + time to replace batts on fittings or ftting tubes.
You may need to do out of hours too if you are doing a full test due to no light being avilable to the office areas for 3 hours at a time!!!!!

Also remember the Red/Green LED indicates that unit is an emergency but also that the batts are fully functioning too, so if some LED's are off you can replace the batts but then you need 24hrs before they are fully charged so you may want to add into your qoute a few days before the test for someone to check all Em units are functioning then replace faulty batts/units give 24 hrs to charge then come in and do a full 3 hour test.

Last edited:
Thanks, I have done it before so I know what to do but always done it during a pir test so put it in the price, how much should I charge per office? The offices are empty so dont need to work out of hours.

I really cant say on what you should charge, but i would charge £20 per circuit and then additional costs for replacment batts/units, etc with man power on top.
I have no idea how much you charge per hour, all i can say is how long do you think it will take and then add a few hours on to aire on the side of caution.
Plus time to do the paperwork x price per hour!!
Repair cost seperate as you have no idea how much repair work is required if any at all!!

Charge per hour/day...work out how long it will take you approx...

Just to clarify though its a full drain test so only needs to be 3 hours if the fittings rated at 3 hours, if its rated at 1 hour then obviously it only needs to be done for the hour...

I don't have any idea on how much you will charge it per hour but basically it's the piece of you will do and the cost of the labor for the professional fee.

I don't have any idea on how much you will charge it per hour but basically it's the piece of you will do and the cost of the labor for the professional fee.
G'day Audrey, Unfortunately your post appears to have got scrambled, even Google's Aussie-English translator failed to make sense of it. Luckily the eskies by my side, I'll try cracking open a tinnie or two and see if that helps.:joker:

Reply to Emergency lighting testing. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock