Discuss Emergency lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Would anyone be so kind to provide a wiring diagram for the following ?
I will have the following per room
1 sensor, 4 lights ( 1 Maintained emg) and 1 exit
There will be a test kit at the switchboard
Many thanks in advance

Unsure exactly how to wire as the emg is switched. Usually we just run a feed to supply all exits and emg but they are non maintained fittings so a little confused

Unsure exactly how to wire as the emg is switched. Usually we just run a feed to supply all exits and emg but they are non maintained fittings so a little confused

The switching isn't for the emergency light per say but for the feed to switch itself (so that the EM detects a cut in supply (as opposed to the fitting just being turned off.

Effectively (please correct me if I'm wrong guys as I've not installed one myself) you're either going to connecting in parallel (as to 'by-pass' the switch) or before the light switch itself, to ultimately give the impression of a power-cut (on a similar vein to how you would test daylight sensors by "simulating" night)

An afterthought; does it not come with instructions, giving they tend to be state changeable (maintained to non-maintained), you'd expect them to be switched/unswitched), if the light doesn't come with instructions for that mode of operation then the switch should be definition surely?

My 2penth anyway.
[automerge]1578365025[/automerge]
emergency-lighting-test-key-emergency-lighting-test-key-switch-wiring-diagram-3-ways-diagrams-...jpg
A quick Google throws up this which seems to build on the "before the switch" method as as opposed to series

Source: Wiring Diagram For Emergency Key Switch With Array Images. Just another WordPress site - http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://8.uxjq.mein-raetien.de/wiring-diagram-for-emergency-key-switch.html

Last edited:

Reply to Emergency lighting in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net