Discuss Emergencyelectricianuk.co.uk heard of them? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Just had a text come out of the blue asking if i cover BA1 which is essentially half of the north part of Bath and outside my building.
Clearly they didnt read my website when searching and getting my number! As they would have seen a headline saying bath and surrounding areas!
Offering €69 per hour plus parts to go out. Paid by customer. Havent responded but have anybody heard of them?
Sounds like one of them fly by night outfits fleecing folk and creaming off the top for passing the job along.

Emergencyelectricianuk.co.uk heard of them? Screenshot_20180728-221301_Messages - EletriciansForums.net

Well, why would they do it all for free?

Haven't heard of them, and don't plan on working for them, but it's not all that different to working for a building or the likes. They all stick a bit on your bill. The main thing in any of it is to ensure you get paid. Which with builders, plumbers etc I work for is fine, but all I read about this type of outfit is chasing your money.

The DIRECT from customer bit is bold which makes me think twice about them, being paid by customer is one thing but i like to know who I am contracted to / with. Also if you cant be bothered to pick up the phone and call me then I cant be bothered to reply to your texts, you can gauge a lot from a simple phonecall.

Their website offers a variety of emergency services (also plumbers, locksmiths, glaziers, etc.) and their terminology states the customer has to pay a "deposit" on their website first, with the "balance" paid to the tradesman attending. After paying the deposit, the customer has to call a mobile phone number.
I imagine HMRC may find this arrangement interesting, as the above suggests they are not simply charging an introduction fee and acting as an agent, instead they are buying and reselling the whole service, so should be accounting for VAT on the whole value of the sale.
Of course they may be doing this and everything may be totally legitimate, however the absence of an office address and a land telephone number are often typical signs to the contrary, of "here today, gone tomorrow" businesses run by people with a couple of mobile phones who have recently discovered Google Adwords, with no knowledge of the industry.

the bloke just rang me asking how much i charge per hour and could i go out! assume he has had nobody reply or accept the job then.
Told him I can't help, and this time of night I wouldnt be getting the tools on the van for less than £90 per hour. In anycase i cant drive as i have been drinking lovely cider.
told me job is burlington street in Bath which could either be the s**t hole side full of junkies, and grow houses or the posh apartments at the top side. eitherway its best avoided this time of night.
Says the person has no power to property at all and tried resetting usual bits in consumer unit with no luck, so i told him call western power or his energy supplier.

I doubt your ever going to get a legit call out to a grow house / a property growing weed. They generally aren't that stupid.
True, but at the same time its not the street you want to park om at night as you will likely come out to find your van has been looted. The junkies up there will smash a cars windows to get loose change and coppers from the dash. A loaded van would be like a lotto win to them!

Reply to Emergencyelectricianuk.co.uk heard of them? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock