• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Enclosure Labelling in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Electrician's Arms
On a site and I have had a disagrement with a guy who has fitted some acess control equipment.

The control equipment is a wall mounted enclosure (plain white box with screw holding the lid on) and is fed by 230v by fuse spur.

I'm telling him that it must be labelled with 230v on a yellow sticker he is saying its not.

Please advise me chaps.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
sorry, mate. you're wrong. it's equipment with > 230V to E that needs a warning label. BGB 514.10.1.

kingeri

Electrician's Arms
Although putting a label on it wouldn't do any harm, albeit it would be a bit pointless!

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
but same reg also says if you would not expect a voltage above 230V. we all know that 230V is a mythical figure, only achieved by building i around 10 -15V Volt drop into the design of a circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.