Discuss End of an Era? in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Our family isn’t big on gaming. We’ve got an old Wii and an Xbox one.... along with a couple of old Nintendo DSs.

For our daughters, we always bought them the Just Dance games for Xmas... have them all up to 2020 on Wii

Not this year. 2021 is not going to be available for Wii, or WiiU for that matter.... so we may have to buy it for Xbox one. Except we need a Kinect bar for it.
Ebay hunt started.

Do you think it’s worth it just for one game?
Will the Xbox one be defunct in a couple years?
Does a Kinect need to sit on top of telly?(wall mounted, cables hidden in partition wall)

The xbox 1 games are compatible with the new xbox.
I'm not much of a console person. More a PC, but my lad has an xbox 1 and loves it. Spends lots of time playing with his mates on it, via 'xbox live' (£18 for 3 months)
I'm sure she will get more games for the console if you get one.
He doesn't have a Kinect so not sure about them.

@littlespark yea we've got them on WiiU upto 2019, they still play it online a couple of times per week, theres a nintendo switch under the tree though, I've held off this long getting one because so many of the games are just re releases of 5 year old WiiU games at full price, but it's probably the most family friendly way for you to play 2021 and onwards, you could trade in or sell the DS's as it kinda ticks those boxes too, although prices have tailed off a little since the first lockdown for trade ins

Can you use a mobile phone with the JD app like you can on the other versions? Wouldn't need kinect then.

can you still get donkey kong? and any games still available for commodore64?

Last console I purchased was the PS2

a friend gave us a second hand wii about 3 or 4 years ago which the kids occasionally drag out the cupboard and play

I'm showing my age here - I've still got a Vic20. Haven't turned it in in a while though. I bought an Atari Flashback 8 recently. That REALLY takes me back.

Call me a Luddite if you like, but I have no idea what this thread is about, I don't spend monies on frivolous things that I don't need anymore. ?? Cant find a crabby old man Emoji. ?

I still remember back in the 80s my parents got me a sega master system , it literally was like hitting the jackpot

Reply to End of an Era? in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock