Discuss End of the JIB ????? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lucas123

Anyone else heard this rumour that some of the big names ie T Clarke, Balfour Beatty etc etc are pulling out of the JIB thus creating their own wage structure metal muncher, tester whatever your so called discipline.

I heard at least 7 of the biggest companies are going to pull away form JIB

Have a look on here for the thread titled 'SMA & the deskilling of our industry'

Its 140 odd pages long all about what you've heard.

Its not a rumour and has been going on for a while now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Country is in a state Europe looks worst than us me thinks it is time for the big boys to swing back the pendulum in their own favour I hear some companies will not pay the full Approved rate unless you have "recognised apprenticship" 17th edition ,up to date safety exam,PAT testing,I&T on your SJIB or JIB card.

I forgot to add if this does happen then we are screwed because I have banged on that the SJIB and JIB are the only constant in our trade

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to End of the JIB ????? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

T
JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) anyone tried calling the JIB about your new card
I have been trying for days to get though to find out where my card is. You get put in a clue 6/9 and sometimes it says we have a high level of...
Replies
Views
test electrical
T
M
JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) JIB Gold Card
Hi all, How do I go about getting a JIB Gold Card? I have the following qualifications: NVQ Levels 2 & 3 AM2 17th Edition Do I need any other...
Replies
Views
F
JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Ecs and jib issue
Hi, i am looking to get clarification regarding one of my friends Qualifications. I have been through all the motions of contacting CITY&GUILDS...
Replies
Views
Manutd4life
M
JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) JIB and back pay?
Just wondering if anyone can give me any advice. I work cards in for a JIB registered company and I'm currently being paid as an approved...
Replies
Views
Today we have been contacted by another company based in Essex who in the past we have supplied subcontract work to. They employed a "fake" spark...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock