Discuss End to end resistances in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

stidge

-
Arms
Reaction score
Testing a ring main today R1=.38 RN=.38 R2=.38 As you can see the same low reading on the cpcs.I have checked these and am sure they are only 1.5mm(L,N 2.5mm) Whats occuring?Has anyone else come across this.Thanks in anticipation:confused:

Hi stidge, had a ring main a few weeks ago where the end to end on the CPC was lower than that of line & neutral! Never got to the bottom of that one either.

I know what it should be old dog but what suggestions have you for the reading im getting.ta

Thanks dazza
last time i got reading near that the t&e was in conduit its hard to say without
knowing more about the set up as mark pointed out some sort of parallel path

hi guys just a thought ive had this problem a few times and its been because at each socket the cpcs have been twisted together and sleeved together you wouldn't belive how much difference it makes?
AJ

Reply to End to end resistances in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock