Discuss Endoscope Inspection Camera in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I agree with @SparkyChick . I have a Seesnake cheapy too, little bit blurry on close up , but great for behind machines and under floorboards etc. As long as you don't expect too much from the cheaper range , they are fine . For anything else you will be into money.

Last edited:
I have been looking at them for ages on and off. Recently looked again at them. The Stanley one that costs around £100 seems to be available rebranded on Amazon for £50 ish. The spec looks the same. Amazon also had another couple on there I liked the look of for £90 and £115 ish. But saying that the reviews might be largely fake according to Which! The Stanley one gets decent reviews elsewhere too.

I was hoping that the plug and play ones for smartphones would have come on in leaps and bounds by now but they all seem to need a WiFi connection rather than USB or Bluetooth..

Here's one of the 'decent' ones:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ROTEK-Indu...ESTEVHQR3AW&psc=1&refRID=5CXMQA8QZESTEVHQR3AW

I got cheap one. They’re useful, but it takes a bit of doing orientating what the camera is looking at and what the screen is showing. Bigger screen, brighter light might make things easier to understand what you are looking at.

Wouldn’t bother with a cheap one again.

I've been researching these things for a few weeks... wasn't impressed with the Milwaukee M12 unit (cheaper model), turns out the ROTEK unit listed is the one I just happen to order from ALI, this unit is re-branded by a number of brands. I got the following w/ 3m lead, found another seller w/ same unit and they could have also sold me a 1m camera additionally however their price was 40$ more plus the extra camera, figured the milwaukee unit is almost a 3m camera so I'll just have to learn to live with it. I use 18650's in my e-cig and head torches so I've always got heaps charged up on board...

Didn't want a 'cheap' unit in the form factor of the eazyview (which are avail on ali also), as I personally think they would break too easily in my work environment (mainly residential), that is screen breaking from mount if dropped of twisted etc.. less to go wrong with this unit, also being designed to be able to swap out batteries is a big plus

US $60.38 48% OFF|inskam113 4.3 Inch LCD Color Screen 1m 5m 10m Handheld Endoscope Industrial Home Endoscopes with 6 LEDs-in Borescopes from Tools on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/inskam113-4-3-Inch-LCD-Color-Screen-1m-5m-10m-Handheld-Endoscope-Industrial-Home-Endoscopes-with/32951670983.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.372a4c4dlJfS7A

If shipping to AU wasn't so expensive and the horrible exchange rate, I would have probably got this unit though, they were pretty quick to return my emails so I think their customer support would be existant, unlike the unit I got:
Tradesman Record - UK's Best-Seller - https://www.eazyview.com/product/eazyview-tradesman-record-8/
But they don't have stock of the 3m scope anyhoo...

So as I will receive 15% off (shopback au),
93AUD = Approx 50 squids - camera shipped today abut 4h after purchasing.. likely it'll take 2-4 weeks to arrive... will give a little review if anyone would like?

Looks good, you get what you pay for alot of the time with ali, depends on how much use the tool receives I suppose, if my cheapie gets used alot then a more expensive and rugged unit will be worthwhile down the track - in my experience, some tools you'd think you'd never use, you buy and wonder how you ever worked without! Thermal camera is next on my list!

At least the screen is built in with the rigid unit, similar to the bosch ones, nice design allbeit rather pricey when compared to a 'cheap' one...

I just went on the Wish shopping site and they are selling endoscopes for as little as £2!!!!
Has anyone used this site?

Haven't used wish and advised my wife not to, it's just a westener middle man of aliexpress type gear... go direct from ali for c**p like that! I had a phone scope but the scope lead was useless, wasn't reinforced with anything so you couldn't bend it into any position. As mentioned earlier there are some wifi units on the market with bendable cameras but price wise about the same as a 'cheap' unit with screen... then you have the issue of potentially frustrating software, pairing, built in(?) batteries (so the need to have a power bank on hand) etc...

Haven't used wish and advised my wife not to, it's just a westener middle man of aliexpress type gear... go direct from ali for c**p like that! I had a phone scope but the scope lead was useless, wasn't reinforced with anything so you couldn't bend it into any position. As mentioned earlier there are some wifi units on the market with bendable cameras but price wise about the same as a 'cheap' unit with screen... then you have the issue of potentially frustrating software, pairing, built in(?) batteries (so the need to have a power bank on hand) etc...
Thanks for the feedback, I did have my doubts

Reply to Endoscope Inspection Camera in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock