Discuss ENERGENIE LIGHT SWITCH - Wiring Problem in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi - i have recently purchased an energenie light switch and was just about to replace the existing switch when i encountered a problem. The switch i am removing has L1, L2 wired into it (red and black respectively) yet the energenie switch has L, L1 and Slave connections. On checking the instructions i am even more confused it suggests both L and L1 could be red and it suggests the energenie does not need a neutral wire - but it has to go somewhere right?
Can anyone help.

Reply to ENERGENIE LIGHT SWITCH - Wiring Problem in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I am trying to replace my old white light switches for nice chrome ones but the wires are all red but the new switch has only l1 l2 top and...
Replies
Views
Hi Total novi e but have wired multiple light switches previously and survived :) I've bought a nice WiFi enabled dinner switch for a new LED...
Replies
Views
our dimmer switch stopped working after 7 years so went to replace it at the weekend. When I opened it up, the black wire was in the common slot...
Replies
Views
Hi I want to add a light to my attic. There is a single switch on the landing that I want to change to a double switch and then use it to still...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock