Discuss Energenie / Thermodynamics Panels Loses Judicial Review in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Worcester

-
Mentor
Reaction score
What is interesting is that the door is not completely closed on this technology. It will however need either a new MCS standard or an addition to the heat pump standard.

The question of real life performance is stil unresolved. This and meeting the heat pump standard are what may finally kill it.

Having been proof read by so many lawyers and clerks, it is unusual to see a mistake at para 81 where they have a date wrong.
I have not been following this case, but wonder what Mr Justice Blair's final point is at para 89: is he inviting an application for permission to appeal or just one about costs?

silly to put this challenge through, they really should have gone about this in the right way from the start.

The technology itself is a great technology in the right situation, the only reason it's not accredited is that there is neither a testing standard, nor testing facilities available to properly test it. I believe they were trying to just use the standard heat pump tests, but this would have been completely wrong as it wouldn't have allowed for the impact of either wind, or sunlight on performance, and this panel relies on wind and sunlight to give it the COP figures that should be considerably higher than for any ASHP in the right location and used for the right purpose.

I understand these issues have now been pretty much hammered out, but still wouldn't expect to see a standard or products tested to that standard on the market for a year or so due to how long this sort of thing takes to get through all the hoops.

We've now paid for our first unit (2nd generation magix thermodynamic box), and should be getting a monitored system running over this winter at one of our teams houses hopefully set up to run off excess day time solar PV generation to trickle heat into the hot water and to some degree the heating in day time - matched with a dunsley yorkshire wood burner with back boiler to do the bulk of the heating, plus the existing gas boiler to top that up if needed.

Reply to Energenie / Thermodynamics Panels Loses Judicial Review in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock