Discuss Energy Management Systems... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Berneray

Evening folks.....

Anyone come up against pv solar companies bundling computerised energy management systems along with the pv system and making claims about how much they will save......We lost a job recently where pv was sold along with a system called Passivesystems..

The claimed savings seemed...lets just say optimistic......A 28% saving on oil per year....

They added the FIT income plus the potential energy saving the management system would make...and it blew my SAP2009 out of the water.

I know they are two separate things........but you know the spin a salesman puts on stuff...

Do these systems work.....Website seems impressive enough...but if its a combi boiler I don't see where the massive saving comes from...

We've seen it a couple of times, I reckon it will be more and more common, in fact we need a whole house system here - Large PV system, oil, calor gas and leccy. Going to add solar thermal and an ASHP later this year (August may be quiet :) )

What price is it being sold for?

In the meantime we've just become a distributor for the Immersun product and our customers and other installers are loving it ... its an inexpensive add on to an install, and will add greatly to their payback. Include it in the original system abnd it's 5% VAT

Company were charging £2000 for supply and install.

We have a couple of our customers wanting us to install Immerson. Are you the distributor for Scotland. Going to re-visit all our pv installs with hot water tanks and see if they are interested. Any idea of what costs are.

Also we are doing a 12 kwp install today. Large country house with 3 phase supply. CH and Hot Water is oil. If we wanted to add on Immerson would one system do it or would we need three spearate ones..

Cheers

We've seen it a couple of times, I reckon it will be more and more common, in fact we need a whole house system here - Large PV system, oil, calor gas and leccy. Going to add solar thermal and an ASHP later this year (August may be quiet :) )

What price is it being sold for?

In the meantime we've just become a distributor for the Immersun product and our customers and other installers are loving it ... its an inexpensive add on to an install, and will add greatly to their payback. Include it in the original system abnd it's 5% VAT

What sort of price are they coming in at?

Hi guys I was keen to see if you had done anything on LED Installation? You may want to check out our website www.ledecolights.com. We are a UK based business and produce our own range from OEM and have been supplying lots of independant installers (especially those working on Solar PV for the obvious reasons) over the past 7 years.

I look forward to hearing back from you with any questions, feel free to drop me an email and i can forward a complete catalogue [email protected].

Regards,

Sean

Would also be interested in an idea of how much something like this would cost installed.

As there are a lot of consumers that browse this forum, PM me for prices, as you will want to add on your install costs which will vary.

Yes, at the moment ... you will need three devices to manage three phases, still wokrs out a lot cheaper than a single EMMA even installed.

Reply to Energy Management Systems... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock