Discuss Energy Saving Group - rent-a-roof misselling/scam? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Paul Roberts

My Dad came across this mob recently (Energy Saving Group | Subsidised Energy Saving Products) - a friend of his has been stung for £500 for what was supposed to be a free install (rent-a-roof type scheme).

Reading the following links, they do sound a bit dodgy. It seems they just refer each customer they get to an installation company and the £500 goes towards the salesmans commission (and company profits no doubt). Of course you could contact any of these rent-a-roof companies yourself, but it doesn't stop salesmen canvassing prospects and trying to generate business. The people most at risk though will be those elderly or vulnerable people in society that typically get targetted by these types of organisations (and in fact my Dad's friend falls into this category, has now decided not to proceed and can't get her moneey back).

Anyone in here come across them?

Energy Saving Group - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

The Energy Saving Group and Free Solar Panels. Is it a scam? - Scam List

Cheers,

Paul

only trust the big companies they never rip you off...!

mmm Like tesco I suppose - not even MCS accredited and yet selling solar ...

We ve got a Very pushy salemans hanging around in the doorway of are local homebase!!
Im good at telling ppl where to go, good 5-6 mins before i could even get a word in!!

Good to here it was these people were the ones featured on the You and Yours program, also clearly Sawa Ahmed of Norton Energy Solution My Energy Station, didn't give a ** about the sales practices of their outsourced sales force.

In Virginia Graham's own words, "Our rules are that those members are responsible for all the selling and alll the contracting even if they themselves have not carried it out ...and we would in this instance would hold Norton responsible"

So now it's up to her to strike Norton off - does she have the guts to do it?

Time to stand up and be counted

Aslo at the same Address:
NORTON ENERGY SOLUTIONS LIMITED Date of Incorporation: 16/03/2010
NORTON ENERGY SLS LIMITED Date of Incorporation: 14/03/2011
NORTON ENERGY WHOLESALE LIMITED Date of Incorporation: 10/08/2011
55 MELCHETT ROAD
KINGS NORTON
BIRMINGHAM
WEST MIDLANDS
UNITED KINGDOM
B30 3HP

there is a facebook group just started called ' im still owed £500 by the energy saving group' please feep free to join with any info greatfully received

still appear to be registerd, but now appear to be registered in Pall Mall for MCS
According to Google maps this is The Lock and Key Centre
So why aren't REAL dealing with them?
Looking at their web page they are claiming to be the victims of a scam fraudulantly using their name.
Thir example returns though are based on the 43p rate

When I try to log on to their website, it says that the company is in liquidation - taking God knows how many customers' money with them.

What an utterly predictable con.

Good to here it was these people were the ones featured on the You and Yours program, also clearly Sawa Ahmed of Norton Energy Solution My Energy Station, didn't give a ** about the sales practices of their outsourced sales force.

In Virginia Graham's own words, "Our rules are that those members are responsible for all the selling and alll the contracting even if they themselves have not carried it out ...and we would in this instance would hold Norton responsible"

So now it's up to her to strike Norton off - does she have the guts to do it?

Time to stand up and be counted

Aslo at the same Address:
NORTON ENERGY SOLUTIONS LIMITED Date of Incorporation: 16/03/2010
NORTON ENERGY SLS LIMITED Date of Incorporation: 14/03/2011
NORTON ENERGY WHOLESALE LIMITED Date of Incorporation: 10/08/2011
55 MELCHETT ROAD
KINGS NORTON
BIRMINGHAM
WEST MIDLANDS
UNITED KINGDOM
B30 3HP

Funny that, I know someone who has just got a job with Norton energy solutions, they are taking on a load of sparks and roofers at the moment. He got the impression they were a decent company so maybe they are not linked if the other lot just pay another firm, or maybe they have changed the way they do business, either way sounds a bit dodgy.

Reply to Energy Saving Group - rent-a-roof misselling/scam? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock