Discuss energy saving lamps in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Gordie

Has anybody noticed these lamps flashing for want of a better word when they are turned off especially if they are on a two way or intermediate circuit. I have seen it a few times and am always at a loss to explain the cause. It has been suggested it could be capacitence building and and discharging

sounds feasible. not had much to do with cfl's except binning them

Yes, check out Des' post here.

sounds feasible. not had much to do with cfl's except binning them
Surely you mean safely disposing of them in accordance with WEEE?
Off at a random tangent a bit, I've heard it's tradition to break a light bulb as part of a Jewish wedding; will it now become a tradition to open the windows and evacuate the room for 15 minutes immediately afterwards?

florry tubes are the best when you drop em off scaffold. you also get a nice bang putting 240volts across a 12volt downlight

Reply to energy saving lamps in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I had a question in my head that turned out to two and then BANG im confused. I need help with calculation here and explanation to get this...
Replies
Views
I am not an electrician but am looking for some advice as to how to fix my sporadic light flickering problem that has come and gone for the year...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just to be clear, I'm not looking for advice on upgrading but rather just clarification of our existing setup. We need to upgrade the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock