Discuss Engineer looking for employment. in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

Wael

Re: Urgent! At 50, should I become an electrician?

A little bit of background, I'm from the middle east and have the equivalent of a BSc (Naric certified) in electrical engineering. When I was back home, I worked in electronics such as amplifier design, and in Communications. I then left my home country and moved to the UAE and worked on AC ducts with some electrical installation. After that, for a consultancy where I was an MEP Co-ordinator. Then the recession hit and I lost my job (with no such thing as redundancy out there!) My final job in the UAE was as a Project Manager for IBS (In Building Solution), installing equipment to strengthen mobile signals inside buildings (towers). I then moved to the UK with my wife and worked for Reed Engineering in Surrey as a Cad Technician and Estimator (two roles) - and due to the recession in the UK, the company's projects folded and so did they, and I was out of work again. So, due to various factors, namely recession and bad luck, I've not had much success securing a full-time role again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wael, I've made a copy of your post and placed it in this forum. Maybe you'll get lucky and a prospective employer will see it.

Good Luck.

Reply to Engineer looking for employment. in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock