Discuss Engineering real results!! New career skills in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cotty

A warning to anyone out there who is thinking of parting with at least £6000 of their hard earned savings! DON'T!!! I completed the ****e 'Domestic Installers' course with NCS and the promises are not worth the crap you endure for your so called tuition! It is a JOKE! Email me at **removed** for further info. I will respond to all enquiries as I don't want anyone to waste their savings as I did!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Something doesn't ring true with your posts on NCS.

You can't make this post when you were already on your course and your eyes were wide open to the costs and exactly what the course was......then make this thread which is a complete contradiction and I assume is about the same course.

Without an explanation the two opposing views make no sense and are certainly likely to cause confusion for others reading them.

Marvo! If you notice the date of the original post you might have an understanding that time DOES pass by and some, yes some people realise that times change and sometimes people wise up to the situation they are succumb to! Instead of trying to pick holes in my threads use your time more wisely! Ban expected! Again!!

Also Marvo that post was before I'd completed my practical assessments! During the length of the course and after sitting my exams, then doing my EAL Practical assessment I realised that the qualifications were not worth Jack Sh**e! Feel free to comment, I will gladly answer any of your queries!

Marvo! If you notice the date of the original post you might have an understanding that time DOES pass by and some, yes some people realise that times change and sometimes people wise up to the situation they are succumb to! Instead of trying to pick holes in my threads use your time more wisely! Ban expected! Again!!

Lol, when there's two equal and opposite opinions on the same thing by the same person I'd always question it. I wasn't trying to poke you for a defensive reaction I was more hoping to get an explanation so I can understand what caused a 180 degree u-turn in your opinion.

Also Marvo that post was before I'd completed my practical assessments! During the length of the course and after sitting my exams, then doing my EAL Practical assessment I realised that the qualifications were not worth Jack Sh**e! Feel free to comment, I will gladly answer any of your queries!
I don't know much about the UK qualifications structure TBH. What qualification did you do and why isn't it worth Jack as you put it?

Very honest of you to post on here your thoughts so where did the course go wrong for you?

The course went downhill when I arrived for my week 3 which was exam week! Passed all exams easily (which a monkey could do). Had the hard sell to do the 2392 and Photovoltaic course! Extra £1500. Luckily my boss had advised me prior that it's the 2394/95 that I need to be studying towards. When I strolled through my EAL practical assessment I noticed other students were not conforming to the current building regs which then made me realise you simply cannot fail these training courses quals! Making them WORTHLESS! Hence my warning to other potential students! DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS ME!

I don't know much about the UK qualifications structure TBH. What qualification did you do and why isn't it worth Jack as you put it?

2382,2377 and here it is!! - EAL Domestic Installers Qual. Other students quality of work was well below par and sockets and switch gear at wrong heights for a new build project, yet they still passed!! To me it gave the impression a monkey could pass! £6000 was wasted and I feel an idiot! But hey that's life!

Well £6000 is a lot of money, how long did the course last?

It's a bit strange to me that they'd be passing everyone, if a training provider was doing something underhanded they'd surely be inflating the failure rate so that people would pay more cash to resit a second time. I don't see what they'd gain by passing people that aren't making the grade.

Well £6000 is a lot of money, how long did the course last?

It's a bit strange to me that they'd be passing everyone, if a training provider was doing something underhanded they'd surely be inflating the failure rate so that people would pay more cash to resit a second time. I don't see what they'd gain by passing people that aren't making the grade.
I passed the course from start to finish in 9 months but that was only due to waiting to book in for the practical's! And to your last query, I higher turnover of student's means extra money, regardless of quality! I'm in the process of trying to attain my certificates, ERR don't seem to care! O first contact with EAL they don't even recognise NCS!!

Cotty is no longer a forum member and this thread is 18 months old you may be better to start a new thread enquiring about said course to see if anyone else is familiar with it.

Reply to Engineering real results!! New career skills in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net