Discuss Enlite LED panels 600 x 600 Suitability in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m looking to fit up to 40 Enlite EN-BLP6060/40 36 W 600x600mm backlit LED panel 4000K lights in a general office with computer screens. Having not fitted many panel lights in the past, can anybody tell me whether these are a good choice to fit as regards light levels and glare problems on computer screens? Could anybody recommend them?

Thanks in advance for any help

get the supplier/manufacturer to design the layout for you. they'll do this for free if you are buying the panels from them.

The UGR (glare etc.) factor is already figured out in LED panels. I have fitted tons of them in offices. You really need to be sure of the lux level requirements which the manufacturer will work out for you. I have found occasionally that 4000k and above sometimes causes problems with people who have eyesight problems, so it is always good to be aware of that when fitting. But mostly the reaction has been positive. Definitely suitable. You need a lot less than the usual CAT II panels with fluors in them. Consideration needs to be given to inrush current especially with 40. Might have to consider two circuits. How big is the office?

The UGR (glare etc.) factor is already figured out in LED panels. I have fitted tons of them in offices. You really need to be sure of the lux level requirements which the manufacturer will work out for you. I have found occasionally that 4000k and above sometimes causes problems with people who have eyesight problems, so it is always good to be aware of that when fitting. But mostly the reaction has been positive. Definitely suitable. You need a lot less than the usual CAT II panels with fluors in them. Consideration needs to be given to inrush current especially with 40. Might have to consider two circuits. How big is the office?

Thank you for the advice, it's greatly appreciated. In terms of the office size, the area is in fact split into multiple areas. With that, the most that would be going into 1 office would be 12 so I don't have any concerns about load, but thank you.

Also check what the connection is like on the driver some come with flex or tiny connection so you may need junction boxes , with 40 it could add a bit more cost

Hi,

I’m looking to fit up to 40 Enlite EN-BLP6060/40 36 W 600x600mm backlit LED panel 4000K lights in a general office with computer screens. Having not fitted many panel lights in the past, can anybody tell me whether these are a good choice to fit as regards light levels and glare problems on computer screens? Could anybody recommend them?

Thanks in advance for any help
Generally speaking, LED panel light will not cause glare problem, the light is very uniform than all lights. Computer scrrens' color temperature is among 5000K、6500K and 9300K, check your own computer screen what color temperature it is, and choose the LED panel light with same color temperature.
If the budget is rich, I advise you to choose LED panel lights with No stroboscopic power supply, that do less harmful to your eyes.

Reply to Enlite LED panels 600 x 600 Suitability in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net