Discuss Enrolled on 2391 today! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Right then mate............plenty of coffee and GN3. have a break (20mins)
More GN3......More GN3. Do a mock exam..time yourself. 2 1/2 hours...STOP. See what you answered...see what you missed.
More GN3.
Another mock exam.
More GN3....and it goes on....and on....and on
Your life needs to consist of GN3, study and mock exams from now on....forget about emmerdale. coronation street and celebrity big brother...all a bunch of horse doo doo....
Best o luck mate ( luck is not a factor in this one)
Glenn.

£680 that I hope will be a worthwhile investment for my career!

More exams...joy :iamwithstupid:

Well you're on the right forum, there's a goldmine of good 2391-10 stuff on this site and anything that you can't find, just ask!

There's a really good study guide for it published by City & Guilds themselves (think it's called 'exam success') not much money, contains a couple of mock papers but most importantly gives the actual examiners tips and suggested answers, as well as explains all their marking criteria and how best to approach certain types of questions. Certainly helped me get through.

Learn the nomenclature from GN3; you must answer with the correct wording or risk losing marks.
Use the correct names for the testers, do not use 16th Ed words like phase and main equipotential bonding.
Read the Chief examiners report for the last exams (Junes one is out now) and look at what people have missed out on. (this is available on the documents section of the 2391 qualification on the city and Guilds website)
As Glennspark says read and learn GN3 and also do the past papers, this will get you familiar with the convoluted way C&G ask the questions.
Read the question, make sure you know what they are asking. Look at the number of marks available and answer appropriately.
The exam success book is brief but good, tells you the correct techniques to use.
Good learning

Last edited:
Learn the nomenclature from GN3; you must answer with the correct wording or risk losing marks.
Use the correct names for the testers, do nto use 16th Ed words like phase and main equipotential bonding.
Read the Chief examiners report for the last exams (Junes one is out now) and look at what people have missed out on. (this is available on the documents section of the 2391 qualification on the city and Guilds website)
As Glennspark says read and learn GN3 and also do the past papers, this will get you familiar with the convoluted way C&G ask the questions.
Read the question, make sure you know what they are asking. Look at the number of marks available and answer appropriately.
The exam success book is brief but good, tells you the correct techniques to use.
Good learning
Yep...definetely about correct terminology. Thank you Mr. Burns

I did my course with at the British gas training centre in rotherham. While the tutor was ok, I wouldn't recommend the centre, they completely forgot about me. I turned up for exam in nov, and they said "oh it's been cancelled because the tutor can't get here due to bad weather". Thanks for telling me! So I had to do next exam in feb! I kept ringing them to get a date for my practical, they said the relevant person would ring me back. I sat that in MARCH! I guess I'm lucky that what I do involves lots of different testing enviroments, otherwise I might not have passed it.
In hindsight, don't go there!!

Reply to Enrolled on 2391 today! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock