Discuss EON fit application nightmare! 8 months and counting.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

GreggElectrical

Right, I'm getting seriously hacked off with EON. I have three customers (that I know off) that have yet to receive a penny from eon. One from November, one from Feb and one from march. Two of them have been made to re-apply as eon claim to have lost their form and the other keeps hearing that his should be done in the next month.

Anyone else having problems and is there anything that we can do to push then along a bit?

Right, I'm getting seriously hacked off with EON. I have three customers (that I know off) that have yet to receive a penny from eon. One from November, one from Feb and one from march. Two of them have been made to re-apply as eon claim to have lost their form and the other keeps hearing that his should be done in the next month.

Anyone else having problems and is there anything that we can do to push then along a bit?

All of our Eon customers had to wait nearly 3 months this time because they were changing the software they use for Fit, after that payments having been coming through in a few days now the new system is in place. It looks as though your customers have been caught in the middle of it all.

Sounds like you need to talk to Ofgem, 1 customer is bad enough but it souldn't be happening to 3.

We have the same problem with customers who went with e-on.

I always recommend BG as we can do the application for our customers quick and hassle free.

Get on Twitter and complain to @EONHelp and make sure you include @DECCgovuk. Complain every day until it is sorted. e.on don't like bad publicity.

You could also try emailing Malc at [email protected] but that will probably be less effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carphone Warhouse positively monitor twitter for any negative comments and immediatealy contact the consumer to resolve :)

Start a formal complaint using EON's published complaint process. At the same time you might wish to consider threatening legal action via small claims court.

After waiting until July (for payment against an April FIT reading) - and still no payment - this is what I did; and surprise surprise I got paid and transferred onto their new system promptly followed by an email apology.

Their new system seems much much better. My July FIT was paid within 5 days of submitting a reading.

Funnily enough I'm just about to phone eon to complain about how long it's taking them to pay my FiT payment from the 7th July reading submission. As the previous contributor stated, they were updating their system back in April and it took over two months for that payment to arrive, shortly after I phoned up to enquire how much interest they would be paying me on the overdue commercial debt. I think this time around I'll be pushing that point somewhat harder.

One of our customers has also waited 8 months to eventually get there first payment.

This was after me chasing them quite a lot. So it looks like it is happening to more people than we think

Well, following up on my previous note, I'm told that eOn is still in the process of moving to the automated system and that there is a backlog of FiT readings submitted by email. Currently the best approach is to call generation readings in by phone and to speak with someone rather than leave a message, this way the generation reading will be directly typed in and payment should be processed in around 10 days. During September the new automated system is expected to go live - I asked if this will include an online tool for entering generation readings and the person I spoke with stated that they believed so but didn't have any specific info on the subject. So it seems there's still a little pain to go but things should improve after September.

Cheers for the update Lightgen,

Terrible service from EON, but I guess they are a victim of their own success (they used to be the most clued up)! However it doesnt help my customer's !!

Yes, our experience of EON has not been particularly positive either. I guess once you've chosen them, you just have to keep waiting and occasionally pestering to get things moving along.

Same problem with crappy E-ON

I had about 6 customers waited 8 to 10 months!

Applications were lost, No filing system, 101 excuses, and I probably made in excess of 30 calls to EON to help get the matter resolved.

You can swap FIT provider at any time, - it's actually easier than swapping electrcity provider, good ol' Good Energy include transfer in as part of their standard application form :)

best still one customer didnt recieve the correct FIT payment as "their system" didnt allow them to submit that high a reading, so they only paid what the system allowed !

I've just submitted a read this morning and realised I had still not received my May reading FIT - after a quick phone call it appears the new system is up and running and my email reading this morning triggered my migration to the new system (somebody got round to typing it in I guess!) - I had to resupply my May reading but I have been promised my payment within 15 days - worth another call to them if you are still waiting.

I have one 50kW customer installed over a year ago, only ever recieved his first payment from eon (£2k) despite sending in readings he's not recieved a single penny this year - so currently he's owed the thick end of £8k - he's a lawyer, so they are about to hear from him in no uncertain terms, with a claim for compound interest. Knowing him they'll pay !!

Reply to EON fit application nightmare! 8 months and counting.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock