Discuss EPC .....did you know...could save you time / money in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

just done it on my house, scored a D/borderline C!!
sadly I.m renting and about to move into a property that will probably score a Z!!

sorry, I should have said something. Our EPC assessor told us about this on the day it was launched, I just kinda assumed everyone else got told by their epc assessors as well.

Thanks for posting. Very helpful. Although I have checked with a few address I have just had an epc done on and they dont come up. I am hoping its because it just takes a bit of time for it to update.

I am located in Scotland does that matter.

Is it a national uk database?

Thanks for posting. Very helpful. Although I have checked with a few address I have just had an epc done on and they dont come up. I am hoping its because it just takes a bit of time for it to update.

I am located in Scotland does that matter.

Is it a national uk database?

Hi JMT,

I think it works for England and Wales. Is it still not working for you? Some houses don't appear, anyway. Better contact them to know how you can get an EPC for your house.

Hopefully access to the EPC register in Scotland should be available from 1st October. This is to coincide with the launch of the Green Deal. There are legislative changes that needed to be enacted to allow this to happen. A brand new database is being constructed that will hold information on domestic and non-domestic properties.

When it goes live, I will post a link

You have to be careful though, I just checked my address and it was there, however it is showing the OLD EPC carried out in December 2009.. as I thought that was BAD I have done the following works.

a. Ripped out the old Back Boiler, installed a new 'A' Rated Condensing Boiler in the Loft and replaced all the radiators.
b. Opened up the Fire Place, had the Chimney re-lined and fitted a 5kW Log/Coal Burning Stove.
c. Had insulation in the loft of 120mm compressed to 100mm under the boards so have added another 270mm over the boards.
d. Installed 16No. Solar Panels to the Garage Roof as it is only a 32 degree pitched tiled roof.

A recent EPC with these works took my house from an E rating to a C rating... but this new one is not showing yet on the site so don't assume the one you look at is the latest or accurate...!!!

***********************************************************************************

EPCs should be registered immediately after being lodged by the DEA performing the survey. If it's not showing on the Landmark register, I would suggest contacting the DEA named on the EPC and ask why it isn't there.

It is also possible to look at previous EPCs for a property by changing the "Report Retrieval Format" from "pdf" to "List".

Thanks whinmoor, I checked with the guy that did it, because there is a previous one, it can take a couple of days to update, I have checked and found I never got a 'C', I now have a 'B' with a score of 84 on the new 'Green Deal' style EPC... it appears if I get internal or external cladding for the solid walls, then I can get an 'A'....!

Reply to EPC .....did you know...could save you time / money in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net