Discuss EPC question in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Markc

-
Reaction score
Discussion off the back of the Sun Lounge.............

Does every Person conducting inspections for an EPC have to hold the EPC qualification OR could an inspector report back to an assesor who would formulate the information and produce the report?

Im thinking if everyone who surveys for PV requires a EPC qualification I think I know what the next big thing will be!

Last edited:
My understanding is that the person who carrys out the EPC assesment must be qualified. Would it not be easier for you to have one qualified assesor to do the EPC surveys rather than try to multi skill all your PV surveyors?

Yes, but to do an EPC, Survey and sales within the REAL 2 hour limit is pushing it. Just cant see our model working going forward, some direction from above would be good. One minute I'm thinking of doing the EPC courses then next I'm thinking I'am I digging a deeper hole (uncertainty/confidence with govenmnts ever changing idea's).

crazy crazy !

My understanding is that the person who carrys out the EPC assesment must be qualified. Would it not be easier for you to have one qualified assesor to do the EPC surveys rather than try to multi skill all your PV surveyors?

Not sure? As there are only two of us then we must multi skill. The question is when to EPC a property. At time of PV survey, at second survey or on completion? I'm also seeing the EPC becoming free as I feel this will become the norm as time goes by so recouping the cost of two trainings, exams and time off the tools is going to add up. I don't understand why an inspection couldn't take place by any one of us in the company, completing a standard assessment form and then the qualified assesor processing this information and submitting to who ever. As we in our company are all business partners trust isnt the issue. Who is to know who conducts the inspection?

Last edited:
Yes, but to do an EPC, Survey and sales within the REAL 2 hour limit is pushing it. Just cant see our model working going forward, some direction from above would be good. One minute I'm thinking of doing the EPC courses then next I'm thinking I'am I digging a deeper hole (uncertainty/confidence with govenmnts ever changing idea's).

crazy crazy !

REAL will have to whistle I think.

I understand fully what you are saying Finchy. I want nothing to do with EPC's but it's going to be pushed on us if we want to stay in the PV industry (and jury is out on that one also)

Your concern on the government goal post moving is also one of my concerns. Let's all speed a few more thousand pounds and then come next year we won't need it! Nothing like confidence in the industry is there?

Reply to EPC question in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock