Discuss err 79 on megger 1552 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

crow11

-
Reaction score
any know what error 79 is on a megger 1552, set up i was testing is proteus 8way main cu with just mcb's no rcd, just fitted a bg 40A 30mA 2 way rcd unit with 32A and 6A mcb's as a submain which is fed from the proteus board off a spare 40A mcb fed in 6mm clipped direct which is about 10inch in length positioned above the first c/u, every time i came to do a zs at the new bg board kept getting trp at first so did it on the no trip with the 3 lead method and just kept getting err 79, eventually after keep trying it give me a reading which is what i expected it to be, but tried it a few times again after getting a reading and same again hit and miss sometimes err79 and then some times ok, tested zs at new ring main and lighting circuit off the new bg board and got readings everytime just kept getting the error at the incomer on the bg board cheers

Hi mate, Error code E79 on the Megger MFT 15** series indicates a faulty main selector switch.

any know what error 79 is on a megger 1552, set up i was testing is proteus 8way main cu with just mcb's no rcd, just fitted a bg 40A 30mA 2 way rcd unit with 32A and 6A mcb's as a submain which is fed from the proteus board off a spare 40A mcb fed in 6mm clipped direct which is about 10inch in length positioned above the first c/u, every time i came to do a zs at the new bg board kept getting trp at first so did it on the no trip with the 3 lead method and just kept getting err 79, eventually after keep trying it give me a reading which is what i expected it to be, but tried it a few times again after getting a reading and same again hit and miss sometimes err79 and then some times ok, tested zs at new ring main and lighting circuit off the new bg board and got readings everytime just kept getting the error at the incomer on the bg board cheers

Hello crow11

Error 79 on the MFT1500 Series stands for ' invalid parameter in result display routine ' which in simply terms is electric noise or harmonics on the circuit under test. This noise may come from computers, high frequency lighting or downlighter dimmable 'transformers'. In addition the noise may come from adajcent circuits fed from the same fuseboard. The solution is to isolation possible sources of electrical noise.

Kind Regards

Megger Technical Support

cheers for the replies, new batteries where fitted always have a spare set with me just in case, both markiesparkie and meggertsg sound plausable, sometimes when i turn the dial from off to any setting nothing happens have to switch it back to off and then goes ok but never give me any problems in the past, electronic noise sounds like it could of been the problem, i do quite a bit off testing and never had an error before, will keep an eye on it and if it carries on will send it off for repair, still under warranty but not long left cheers

Hello crow11

Error 79 on the MFT1500 Series stands for ' invalid parameter in result display routine ' which in simply terms is electric noise or harmonics on the circuit under test. This noise may come from computers, high frequency lighting or downlighter dimmable 'transformers'. In addition the noise may come from adajcent circuits fed from the same fuseboard. The solution is to isolation possible sources of electrical noise.

Kind Regards

Megger Technical Support
MTS - any chance of posting a list of the 15** series error codes and what they all mean? Regards

Reply to err 79 on megger 1552 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock