Discuss error message "rEd" on household meter ??? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jerriais

Hi,

Got this from a customer today and just wondering if any of you have come across this before, any advice would be much appreciated,

"The household electric consumption meter now shows an error message "rEd" every few seconds, and, when there is only a light load, the red light that normally flashes or is off, is now on solidly. This has only happened since the installation."

Thanks!

Hi,

Got this from a customer today and just wondering if any of you have come across this before, any advice would be much appreciated,

"The household electric consumption meter now shows an error message "rEd" every few seconds, and, when there is only a light load, the red light that normally flashes or is off, is now on solidly. This has only happened since the installation."

Thanks!

It's reverse energy display:

Reverse Energy Display
If energy greater than 10 amps flows through the meter in the reverse direction on a TOU
programmed meter, a reverse energy warning display will be activated. To clear this
warning display requires a service call by Essential Energy. If either a “rEd” (P1 Meters) or
“F000100” (EM1000 meters) warning code is detected during commissioning, ensure all
wiring is correct and report the error.
* Note: These warning codes will not be activated on meters programmed for “NET”
Imp/Exp tariff applications.

Red is reversed energisation. Houses with solar panels will create this. Depending on the type of digital meter that is in place depends on the outcome. Some will eventually go blank. Its not always 10 amps that has to pass through the meter. The only way to get rid of the message is a meter replace

Whoever fitted the solar panels should have dealt with this - did they ride off into the sunset wearing stetsons ?
As above, it means the meter isn't suitable for an installation capable of a net export.

Reply to error message "rEd" on household meter ??? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net