• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Estimated age of installation in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrkspark

EF Member
Sorry if this has been covered I but couldn't find anything.
Nor could I find information as to when white pvc t&e was first used in domestic installations.

When filling out test forms they ask the estimated age of installation, and if possible i'm after a timeline for the years that rubber, grey red and black multi core, grey single core red and black, white pvc red and black and grey pvc brown and blue were started to be used and any others if appropriate, to give more accuracy when filling out this section of the forms.

The main reason I ask and started to search is because I have done a conditional report today for a house stuck by lightning which needs to be sent to an insurance company and I would like to be fairly accurate as to the age of installation. (white pvc red and black and wooden backed wylex btw)

Any help appreciated!

Mark

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
wooden backed wylex dates from 60's. difficult to age the pvc, that replaced rubber in early 60's. brown/blue T/E came in in 2006. hope this helps a bit.

M

mandrake

Wickes were still selling red and black 2.5 T&E with white sheathing a couple of years ago. Dont be thrown thinking (as i did) that it had to be pre 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.