Discuss Estimated time for BG to send contract in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

jc_150

-
Reaction score
Hi all in the forum
Had a PV system installed end of June from a company gained from this forum and very pleased with the results. I was just wondering if anyone had a guestimate of how long it takes BG to send a contract to ensure that I begin to get paid my FIT. It has been just over a month since the request went in from the installer (have seen the mails) and did not want to phone BG in case my name went back to the end of the pile. So any ideas on this would be welcome to compare with how long others have been waiting.
Kind Regards
JohnC

Did your installer give you a rough time based on other jobs?

Have a chat with them, maybe they can give BG a nudge if they have more direct numbers to call.

Hi all in the forum
Had a PV system installed end of June from a company gained from this forum and very pleased with the results. I was just wondering if anyone had a guestimate of how long it takes BG to send a contract to ensure that I begin to get paid my FIT. It has been just over a month since the request went in from the installer (have seen the mails) and did not want to phone BG in case my name went back to the end of the pile. So any ideas on this would be welcome to compare with how long others have been waiting.
Kind Regards
JohnC

I would get in touch with BG and ask if they can send you an email confirming:

That the application was received in good time.

That the application is satisfactory - all boxes filled in correctly.

That your application will be valid from a date somewhere around tat of the installation date (usually the FiT contract is valid from a few days after the installation/comissioning date).

Here's extracts from a copy of an email conversation which a relative of mine sent me, regarding their application with Southern Electric (red is my relative, other colours are SSE staff):

".....Please see attached declaration which was missed off from our paperwork sent to you on 12 June 2012, I sent the form back last week but was told you have not received this but have lots of post to go through – I believe I have sent this in good time and so should not jeopardise for this. I am very conscious of the cut off date in receiving the 21p feed in rate and do not want to miss out on this –will this be in the time frame, I did call yesterday and today and had verbal confirmation it would be. Therefore please can you acknowledge receipt of this e-mail and e-mail me

Thank you for your email and the attached documents to accompany your FIT Application.
Please take this email as confirmation that we have received your documents and will be in contact with you shortly if we require anything further.
Can you please confirm your address and/or customer account number so that I can note your account with the information received.

I have received a message from my colleague asking me to contact you for reassurance that we now have everything that we need.
I would like to ask you to resend the attachment to your below email if possible, for some reason its not allowing me to open it, it could be a problem with my archive.
If you could resend your declaration to me, this is all I need to complete your application and I can register you today.

Thank you – please see attached form
Please can you confirm that everything has been completed with my application and I am now registered?

I can confirm that all documentation required to continue registration has been received, however, there is a delay of up to 4 weeks for applications to be processed at the moment.
Everything is in order with your application, the delay in registration will not affect your eligibility date and your first payment will include everything generated since that date.
You will receive your contract shortly for signing.
If you need anything further or don't receive your contract by the middle of August, please don't hesitate to contact me and I will investigate further.

Thank you for replying – please can you confirm I will receive payments from the date of installation of 09 May 2012?

No problem - your eligibility date which is the date from which you will start to receive payments, is the latter of the below:

• first point of written contact (recorded email from you on 24/05/2012)
  • commissioning date of your system (09/05/2012)
  • EPC certificate date (15/05/2012)
Therefore your eligibility date for payments is 24/05/2012.

If you need anything further, please don't hesitate to let me know.

BG were approximately 6 weeks behind processing applications as of end of June. You could reasonably expect to hear from them by mid August. Contacting them will put your mind at rest, and not affect your queue position (although it also is unlikely to improve it either!)

Hi guys
Thanks for the good advice as always, I spoke to the installer a few days ago and he told me that it is always best to talk with them myself, as they only speak directly with the owner. If they were 6 weeks behind, then I shall expect a result mid August. I will ring tomorrow, so my enquiry will have been made pre 31st July, then guess all will be well from then on. Also to my advantage, I also informed them that my analogue meter was running backwards when I generate more than I use, and have their e-mail response that someone would get in touch within 10 working days, well that was over a month ago as well. So I think BG use the same strategy as many large companies, that a problem shelved is a problem solved, lol
cheers all
JohnC

Reply to Estimated time for BG to send contract in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock