Discuss Estimation Software in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

shaun gold

Good evening all,
Could anyone reccommend any good electrical estimation software to be used for commercial, industrial and domestic quotations.
I believe that not all systems have labour calculations so would be grateful for any advice you may have regarding this matter.
Cost is not an option if it keeps me in work with winning quotes.
Many thanks for your time,

Send me DVDs/ CDs all the time. Isit that efficient to use these methods for pricing??? Just asking

Send me DVDs/ CDs all the time. Isit that efficient to use these methods for pricing??? Just asking

I tried the electrika thing, just my opinion but there's no way it's worth the time and faffing about. Working it out the old way (materials + time = quote) is far quicker and just as accurate.

I think a lot of people worry when starting out as self employed (even if they're experience sparks) that they won't get the price quite right. It's true, you won't, no one does 100% of the time. What does happen as time goes by is that you are more accurate more often.

I know it's a saying thats banded around a lot but "Swings and roundabouts" always rings true with me to pricing.
Majority of jobs are priced up correctly but it only takes pricing one job up at 8pm after being out since 7am and giving the customer an absolute steal of a price to then regret it in the morning, but being the honest gentleman I will always honour the price, to a degree.
You can always make it back on the next jobs.

Agree with imago, materials + time = quote. If your not sure of the time it's going to take, add a couple of hours.
Main advice, don't be greedy but don't undersell yourself.

good old Microsoft Excel is the best way, its then tailored to you requirements.

Reply to Estimation Software in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock