Discuss Ethos 8600 EV test adapter in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Ethos 8600 test adapter?

The ethos-instruments websites have a user manual button, but nothing downloads. There are no youtube videos as you get with other brands of adapter and the basic leaflet included doesn't have sufficient info.

Pre-purchase, I was concerned about computability with our Megger 1741+ MFTs, as I know Megger leads are different to all other brands. But after being told that they are made in the same factory as the Megger adapter and internally are the same, I was persuaded. After unpacking it and trying it with the Megger leads, they are very sloppy. It's box just says 'compatible with most multifunction testers'

Did I make a mistake? Has anyone else used on?

Last edited:
The youtube video looked good, but the charge point was very basic compared to the ICS units that i'll be fitting and the testing combo was Ethos / Kewtech rather than Ethos/ Megger.

I know David Savery owns various test equipment, including Megger.
He's on this forum as @dseselectric
Maybe if you ask nicely, he'll have a go at plugging in his Megger to the Ethos.😜
Or not.... Worth asking though.

It looks as though the Ethos EV adaptor has all the same features as the Megger EV adaptor?

I assume it’s the 4mm banana sockets you are concerned about and not the BS1363 socket? To be honest I expect most people would only ever use the latter.

I know David Savery owns various test equipment, including Megger.
He's on this forum as @dseselectric
Maybe if you ask nicely, he'll have a go at plugging in his Megger to the Ethos.😜
Or not.... Worth asking though.
Thanks Buddy,

I'll get in touch with David. In the meantime i got a video link through from Ethos. Might be useful for others:

Pre Tests

Testing with Megger 1741+

It looks as though the Ethos EV adaptor has all the same features as the Megger EV adaptor?

I assume it’s the 4mm banana sockets you are concerned about and not the BS1363 socket? To be honest I expect most people would only ever use the latter.
Talking to Ethos, if you need to use the leads you simply turn them around. So the end that would normally have a probe or crock clip goes into the MFT and the other end goes into the Ethos Adapter

Reply to Ethos 8600 EV test adapter in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net