Discuss EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you want to remain in the EU

• Yes - stay in

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • No - time to leave

Votes: 81 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: EU - How will you vote given the latest "news"

perhaps you could explain the reasons for those two statements. Have you any evidence or logical reason as to why RR would make redundancies?? And if we leave the EU we can enforce our own border controls (£25M buys a lot of security a day) and stop them getting anywhere near. Your statement is just the usual scaremongering with no basis in fact.

haha. I think you have totally misread my post.
Thanks plugsandsparks for clarifying my post to sparksburnout.

haha. I think you have totally misread my post.
Thanks plugsandsparks for clarifying my post to sparksburnout.
We are still waiting for the evidence requested. Making reference to a comment that sounds like it was made after a session in he pub is not much help. So come on, why would RR, the manufacturers or the WORLDS best engines, make people redundant if we left the EU??? Would those engines suddenly be rubbish that no one will buy? I don't think so. Oh and it might be me but I think the out votes on the forum have gone up a couple lately with the ins static??

Last edited:
Last edited:

We are still waiting for the evidence requested. Making reference to a comment that sounds like it was made after a session in he pub is not much help. So come on, why would RR, the manufacturers or the WORLDS best engines, make people redundant if we left the EU??? Would those engines suddenly be rubbish that no one will buy? I don't think so. Oh and it might be me but I think the out votes on the forum have gone up a couple lately with the ins static??

Please read my post #254 again, very slowly. It seems that you are the only one that is misinterpreting it. See below to save you finding it:

Its good to see that the news is not being biased....
:)
If we leave the EU there will be camps in England like the ones that have just been removed from France & I think it was Rolls Royce, that will make lots of redundancies if we leave the EU.

I will explain it to you in basic terms.
See the smiley face after comment "
Its good to see that the news is not being biased...."? That means 'don't take this post seriously' The lines underneath are what I heard on the news. That is why I put my first comment "Its good to see that the news is not being biased....".
See now?

Please read my post #254 again, very slowly. It seems that you are the only one that is misinterpreting it. See below to save you finding it:

Its good to see that the news is not being biased....
:)
If we leave the EU there will be camps in England like the ones that have just been removed from France & I think it was Rolls Royce, that will make lots of redundancies if we leave the EU.

I will explain it to you in basic terms.
See the smiley face after comment "
Its good to see that the news is not being biased...."? That means 'don't take this post seriously' The lines underneath are what I heard on the news. That is why I put my first comment "Its good to see that the news is not being biased....".
See now?

It seems that the out camp struggle to understand each others arguments, let alone come to terms with the bigger picture.:D
See the smiley face after my comment.

I'm not sure which way I want to vote. I know I will get very biased info from the news and anything on TV.
I am leaning towards the OUT though.

I'm not sure which way I want to vote. I know I will get very biased info from the news and anything on TV.
I am leaning towards the OUT though.

I know Spoon, I was having a bit of fun. You have indicated before that you are leaning toward out.
All the information is slanted to make a point for in or out. I just read something then try to verify the 'facts' as best I can.
There are some useful non partisan fact checker web sites out there like https://fullfact.org/ but even they cant get to the bottom of a lot of it. And of course they cant check the facts on what is yet to happen.

Hum.... given that nearly all the components of a Rolls - Royce are shipped in from Germany - is it really a Rolls Royce?

They could move assembly to Germany and stick a BMW badge on the front - wonder how it would sell then?
Wasn't making any comment on the reports, and wouldn't know where the parts come from. Seems some people are still infatuated with the brand though.

Well, Obama told me to vote remain so I though my mind was made up.
Now Trump is telling me to vote leave so I'm all confused.
I'll have to wait for Kim Jong-Un's advice to properly make my mind up for me.

No.

I have a mind of my own.

I was talking to a client yesterday who lives in France for 6 months per year. His view is if the UK leaves, France will want to exit too.

The EU goal of Federalism is in OUR hands.......

For me its EXIT or back to the EEC only.

Marine Le Pen leader of the French Natioalist Party has already said that if they get into power the first thing they will do is leave the EU

Well, Obama told me to vote remain so I though my mind was made up.
Now Trump is telling me to vote leave so I'm all confused.
I'll have to wait for Kim Jong-Un's advice to properly make my mind up for me.

3 dictators in the same post :rifle::tank::21::73:

i can do better.

hitler, mussolini, noriega, marcos, tito,

that's 5.

Well the Russkies think Trump is a top guy, and they have their idealist leader Putin, who's supported by the Le Pen's, who seems to be twitted by Kim Jong - Un, who also seems to respect Trump.

What's there not to like.

Reply to EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net