Discuss EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you want to remain in the EU

• Yes - stay in

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • No - time to leave

Votes: 81 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Re: EU - How will you vote given the latest "news"

I have muslim friends who do not fit your stereotype here, if you are to argue what the Quran says then you can see almost identical scripture in the bible yet I don't see those with a far right attitude making similar accusations and painting all christians with the same brush, yes amongst the muslim faith there is a sector that read and interpret the Quran exactly as you have expressed but to tar everyone with the same brush with that statement is somewhat dangerous and why we have groups like EDL and Britain First (Britain First could be labled as Christian Fanatics by the same thinking) who have many times been seen to spout racist, xenophobic crap, yes there may be an underlying issue that needs addressing but resorting to hatred and stigmatisation on mass means you end up no better than the fanatics you are painting the whole muslim faith to be.
Most religions believe their own God to be the greatest hence they follow their particular faith, they will instinctively look at any other beliefs, God's etc as not the truth or mis-guided so put their own beliefs on somewhat of a pedestal, if you ever try convince a jehovah witness that God doesn't exist you will see what I mean as they debunk your thinking and believe you haven't yet found your way, so in respect to start saying someone of a muslim faith believes their God is either the only God or the Greatest is not unique to the muslim faith, it just appears more prominent because we have extremists and fanatics spreading hatred as oppose to respect for other beliefs.
I agree to an extent with what you say DW, I was not implying that it is only the Muslim faith that has deep rooted prejudice inherent in its beliefs, as you say all other religions display similarities to a lesser degree. However you cannot get away from the fact that Muslims are taught from an early age that they are the superior religion and that no other, including non-belief, should be tolerated. Until the world is rid of all religious nonsense then there will never be peace, but that day will be a long time coming. Let us see how vocal our new Mayor is the next time some crazed lunatics blow up another load of innocent people, because in my opinion the Muslim leaders are woefully inadequate when it comes to public and continued condemnation of violence perpetrated in the name of Allah.

Can't you make up your own response, or are you a bit too thick?

I love you too. Come here and give us a big hug. You know you want to...

Until the world is rid of all religious nonsense then there will never be peace, but that day will be a long time coming.

Couldn't agree with this more.

I agree to an extent with what you say DW, I was not implying that it is only the Muslim faith that has deep rooted prejudice inherent in its beliefs, as you say all other religions display similarities to a lesser degree. However you cannot get away from the fact that Muslims are taught from an early age that they are the superior religion and that no other, including non-belief, should be tolerated. Until the world is rid of all religious nonsense then there will never be peace, but that day will be a long time coming. Let us see how vocal our new Mayor is the next time some crazed lunatics blow up another load of innocent people, because in my opinion the Muslim leaders are woefully inadequate when it comes to public and continued condemnation of violence perpetrated in the name of Allah.

The people who blow up others are not Muslims. True Muslims believe in piece. As above, all religions think there's is superior. Just get one person of one faith trying to marry someone of another faith and see which faith will approve the wedding.

Just get one person of one faith trying to marry someone of another faith and see which faith will approve the wedding.

:shades_smile:druids would approve, ask des.:smilielol5:

The people who blow up others are not Muslims. True Muslims believe in piece. As above, all religions think there's is superior. Just get one person of one faith trying to marry someone of another faith and see which faith will approve the wedding.

There are a lot do believe in piece or pieces but it is normally those doing the killing

I always thought I was illiterate. Peace.....
Anyway, I think that this may be going off topic a bit now. Happy to carry this on if someone want to start another thread.

I always thought I was illiterate. Peace.....
Anyway, I think that this may be going off topic a bit now. Happy to carry this on if someone want to start another thread.
I dunno, the thread in essence is about democracy, the belief in freedom and equality. Can't agree with all sparksburnout says, be he has a point about Islam. The Quran does tell Muslims how to think about unbelievers and how to deal with them. Some take it more literal than others.

And I thought that this thread was about 'Re: EU - How will you vote given the latest "news"'.
And the bible is better....... I'm going to burn in hell for eternity cause I don't believe in someone.... Nice god eh....

And I thought that this thread was about 'Re: EU - How will you vote given the latest "news"'.
And the bible is better....... I'm going to burn in hell for eternity cause I don't believe in someone.... Nice god eh....
You right to call a halt........we could go on for ages about this, and it's been debated at length before.

See Gordon Brown suddenly appeared after 6 years in the wilderness!

You right to call a halt........we could go on for ages about this, and it's been debated at length before.

See Gordon Brown suddenly appeared after 6 years in the wilderness!
wonder if gordon is keeping an eye on the forum. :smilielol5:

Look I can't stand this any-more I've got my Stroma assessment tomorrow and I still have not got a lock off device that I can fit before I take the CU cover off.

Or a copy of the BYB. God help me. Oooops

Gordon was supposedly one of the best financial brains we ever had.
and the earth is flat and the moon is made of cheese.

Gordon was supposedly one of the best financial brains we ever had.

Yup - I remember him "the end to boom and bust" was his claim - until the bust of 2008. Pillock.

He sold off gold at rock bottom prices, committed our grand children to countless billions of PFI instead of have debt on the national "books" and was warned by the treasury in 2005 that tax receipts were not keeping up with spending commitments...

Reply to EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock