Discuss EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you want to remain in the EU

• Yes - stay in

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • No - time to leave

Votes: 81 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Brexit

Now the head of the IMF has jumped on the band wagon saying it will be bad if Brtian leaves the EU.

What I want to know is who will it actually be bad for if we do leave? Us or them?

Is it a smoke sceen that they know that if we leave we will be OK and the rest of the EU will collapse around their ears knowig that one of the biggest contrbutors has left and they do not know where or who is going to make up this deficet?

Last edited:
Re: Brexit

The fear and scaremongering that is being spread around appears to assume the EU is going to be business as usual should the UK decide to leave and I don't see how it can be given the financial black hole that will appear in the EU accounts

It would be good if these people actually give some credibility to their statements by supporting it with some facts. With bookmakers taking bets on a 20 cent rise against the Dollar if we stay in the EU may be there is a vested interest and some insider dealing coming to light

Currently you have to dig deep to find any real information on the EU and a lot of proposed new rules that would affect the UK are being suppressed until after the referendum for fear it will sway the vote

As usual none of these politicians and experts are being honest with the voter and are making speculative comments based on the continued existence of the EU after brexit which with other EU states suggesting they will have in / out referendums should the UK vote leave could spell the end of the EU anyway

what they are saying is it might be bad for the banking trade. if so, sod the fat cat *ankers. then again switzerland is not in the EU and they do quite nicely.

Apparently the French finance minister says a Brexit would be bad for the French. I suspect this is why the IMF have jumped on the Brexit scaremongering.

The IMF haven't got a clue. They said it would be terrible for the UK if we didn't join the Euro. The IMF didn't foresee the crash of 2008 and now they haven't got a clue either.

What the IMF should be saying is that the Euro has held back European growth since about 2002 and it has ruined the lives of a generation in Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy etc. Etc

well, they're bankers. guaranteed a huge bonus and pension if they f**k up. why bother to get things right.

In December 2015 International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde has been ordered to stand trial in France over her role in a 2008 arbitration ruling that handed 400 million euros ($605 million Cdn) to French businessman Bernard Tapie.

Lagarde, who was French finance minister at the time, denied wrongdoing in a statement Thursday and said she had ordered her lawyers to appeal the decision. Lagarde has maintained her innocence since the investigation began in 2011.

The spokesman did not have details of the lengthy written decision, and could not say exactly which charges were retained and therefore how much prison time, or fines, she might face, if convicted.
Lagarde said in a statement released by French adviser Marc Vanghelder that she "always acted in this affair in the interest of the state and in respect of the law." She considers "no charge can be attributed to her," the statement said.
Lagarde's lawyers have five days after the formal notification of the decision to lodge an appeal. Formal notification may not take place Thursday. "It's incomprehensible," her lawyer, Yves Repiquet, told i-Tele television.
The probe began before Lagarde became IMF chief in 2011. She took over from Dominique Strauss-Kahn, who left under sexual assault allegations.

Re: EU - How will you vote given the latest "news"

2 threads on same topic merged. Thread made into a sticky.

Last edited:
I have come into some money, from a long lost Great Aunt's estate . I was thinking of going to see a financial adviser. However, they are hugely expensive, and apparently there are all sorts of different types depending of what sort of advice your after, and there are some who cannot be trusted, and some just plain awful.

I was feeling a bit daunted, until I started reading some of the posts here. Clearly here, are some of the greatest fiscal aficionados, Europe has ever known and my fears are now dissipated.

So where do you Doyen's recommend I should invest my two shillings & sixpence? :wink:

I have come into some money, from a long lost Great Aunt's estate . I was thinking of going to see a financial adviser. However, they are hugely expensive, and apparently there are all sorts of different types depending of what sort of advice your after, and there are some who cannot be trusted, and some just plain awful.

I was feeling a bit daunted, until I started reading some of the posts here. Clearly here, are some of the greatest fiscal aficionados, Europe has ever known and my fears are now dissipated.

So where do you Doyen's recommend I should invest my two shillings & sixpence? :wink:

You can put up to £50 k per person in premium bonds. And you may get a few winners. No risk as its government backed.

Has anyone watched Brexit the movie, it is now on you tube in full well worth an hour of your time no threats no scaremongering and some very interesting info.
I for one did not know the EU has four presidents or the six hundred plus MEPs have no power what so ever I thought it worked as our parliament does just shows how wrong you can be.
It’s been out a few days now and surprised the remain camp have not jumped on it claiming it a work of fiction but I have not seen or heard anything yet so it makes me suspect on the whole Brexit the movie is telling the truth about the EU and its anti democratic ways.

Has anyone watched Brexit the movie, it is now on you tube in full well worth an hour of your time no threats no scaremongering and some very interesting info.
I for one did not know the EU has four presidents or the six hundred plus MEPs have no power what so ever I thought it worked as our parliament does just shows how wrong you can be.
It’s been out a few days now and surprised the remain camp have not jumped on it claiming it a work of fiction but I have not seen or heard anything yet so it makes me suspect on the whole Brexit the movie is telling the truth about the EU and its anti democratic ways.

Got a link for the movie?

I've reopened the poll until the day before the Brexit vote so if you didn't already add your vote you should now be able to do so. All votes already made remain valid.

Reply to EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock