Discuss EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you want to remain in the EU

• Yes - stay in

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • No - time to leave

Votes: 81 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

the mainly millionaire Tories wanting out want less regulation so they can hoard their money and pay no tax.
Actually many "Tories", David Cameron included, want to stay in the EU. This isn't simply about the "hardworking" "nice" left wanting to stay in and the "greedy" "nasty" right wanting out - workshy layabouts are more likely to vote Labour because they are the party of supporting people who can't be bothered to work, while many hardworking, working class families support conservative ideals. There are probably a lot of Labour supporters who want more of a communist Britain, but unfortunately for them Labour made being pro-Europe one of their core policies.

There's a difference between "pressuring" someone to do something - making them feel obliged to do it, and "forcing" them to do something, where they have no option.
You are of course right,

It wasn't "the company" sending letters to employees warning them to vote 'in', it was a person working on behalf of that company. Maybe the CEO or managing director. I expect they could find reasons for either vote if it suited them, but in either case I don't feel it's appropriate to be telling employees how to use their vote as if the company owns them.
Companies can't actually send letters, it would have to be a person. They would still only do what they thought was best for the company.

Cameron made a speech where he spoke (stuipdly in my opinion) about past conflicts in Europe. It was Johnson who the same day stretched that to world war 3.

It wasn't just the UN, it was several organisations, but it's doubtful that Tony Blair would have been given the position if he hadn't been so pro-Europe.
Not sure about that

No it didn't 'just' say that, it said

Corbyn seems to be being told which side to support based on Labour's previous ways of securing votes, ie "vote Labour otherwise you're a bigot". Remember Gillian Duffy? She challenged Gordon Brown on issues which were of concern to her, and he simply dismissed her as "bigoted".
Unless you're referencing a previous post, you definatly did not say that.

Actually many "Tories", David Cameron included, want to stay in the EU. This isn't simply about the "hardworking" "nice" left wanting to stay in and the "greedy" "nasty" right wanting out - workshy layabouts are more likely to vote Labour because they are the party of supporting people who can't be bothered to work, while many hardworking, working class families support conservative ideals. There are probably a lot of Labour supporters who want more of a communist Britain, but unfortunately for them Labour made being pro-Europe one of their core policies.

Wow, that's a whole new thread Adam.

Companies can't actually send letters, it would have to be a person. They would still only do what they thought was best for the company.
Would they? Everyone at the top of a company is a company person and they don't go to work for their own financial reward?

Cameron made a speech where he spoke (stuipdly in my opinion) about past conflicts in Europe. It was Johnson who the same day stretched that to world war 3.
Yes, Cameron (pro-EU) warned that Brexit would lead to war and genocide.
Unless you're referencing a previous post, you definatly did not say that.
I definitely did. Post #413 on this thread. I copied and pasted it.

and you think it will stop then?

The Scottish referendum was on the 18th September 2014 and Nicola et al remind us constantly that they want another vote.

the SNP are nothing more than a one trick pony!

I don't think this will end it either Murdoch, unless there's a large majority one way or another.
Farage has already stated that if there is a narrow remain vote he will start pushing for another referendum.

Farage has already stated that if there is a narrow remain vote he will start pushing for another referendum.
I like that kind of thinking; lets keep voting on something until I get the result I want. He must be from the same school of thought as Sturgeon.

I like that kind of thinking; lets keep voting on something until I get the result I want. He must be from the same school of thought as Sturgeon.
Think about this ill judged comment from farage, only one person could respond it and it would be done as a public attack on farage but I argue that it was deliberately said as a tactical move to ensure if we did get a brexit by a small minority that the goverment wouldn't call a re-vote saying the vote was too close to call it a majority, the desperation for Cameron the EU and the big financial co' to remain part of the EU could see such a stunt pulled, in responding Cameron has now closed one of the options he had to argue the result was too close to be looked on as official majority.

if it's 51-49 for out, that's a majority and cameron and his stay in goons will have to accept it.

Think about this ill judged comment from farage, only one person could respond it and it would be done as a public attack on farage but I argue that it was deliberately said as a tactical move to ensure if we did get a brexit by a small minority that the goverment wouldn't call a re-vote saying the vote was too close to call it a majority, the desperation for Cameron the EU and the big financial co' to remain part of the EU could see such a stunt pulled, in responding Cameron has now closed one of the options he had to argue the result was too close to be looked on as official majority.

Can't say that I agree DW. With or without Farage's comment, a small majority for out would be met with a call for another referendum fro Cameron.

Have I got it wrong then? I thought it was just Farage saying if it was small majority for IN, then we should have another referendum?
He did, I'm suggesting it was staged to get Cameron to react and close one of his opportunities if the OUT won by a narrow margin, take a small hit for a bigger agenda ;)

Can't say that I agree DW. With or without Farage's comment, a small majority for out would be met with a call for another referendum fro Cameron.

Exactly my point but as Cameron has publically stated as an attack on Farages comment that a small majority win for IN would not see another referendum vote then he can't be seen to do this if the tables were turned to a narrow win for brexit... my whole point was it was a stategic comment to get a response and if so it worked a treat.

Exactly my point but as Cameron has publically stated as an attack on Farages comment that a small majority win for IN would not see another referendum vote then he can't be seen to do this if the tables were turned to a narrow win for brexit... my whole point was it was a stategic comment to get a response and if so it worked a treat.

I did get your point DW. My point was that he's a politician, I don't think he'll have a problem with going back on his word.

To be fair Cameron has been saying only there will be only one referendum, for some time, as far as I've read?

Last edited:
To be fair Cameron has been saying only there will be only one referendum, for some time, as far as I've read?

Agree but I think you take that out of the context it was said, when he has said that before he is refering to a referendum down the line for which ever way this vote goes, he has stated if it all goes pete tong then we cannot hold another referendum to reverse the situation, as I recall he was using it as a scare tactic saying if we vote to leave then that is it for good, we cannot have another referendum in several years to rejoin.

Reply to EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock