Discuss EV charger testing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I'm considering looking at doing the EV charger course but looking into the equipment needed, the extra £450 for an adapter for the testing is more than the course to complete.

Does anyone have experience with ev chargers know if the testing can be done without an adapter and then bought after doing a few with the profits or can they simply not be tested without one.

Would like to know before committing to the course.

I did the course, but due to safety concerns and the technology not being quite there I decided not to go with it.
The £450 cost of tester was also a factor in my decision.

im waiting for technology to catch up, which I resently heard had caught up, and the cost of chargers and testers to come down.

right now not viable IMO.

Have an unused roller tester I can do you a deal on as we use Metrel stuff now. Although if you use Megger their EV tester is supposed to be good

I have the megger one and with the 1741 it is really useful gear! You need the adaptor to simulate the car being there for your tests.
I saw a YouTube vid think it was effix using the metrel gear and it looked better than the megger software wise! But I have always had megger so ended up with the 1741. Not that I am unhappy with it it's a great tester but having the choice again I would probably go with the metrel!

We have 3 Megger 1700 MFTs and the Metrel 3155. The Metrel is hands down far superior and makes the Megger feel like a Fisher price MFT

I use the megger test adaptor, the uk version comes with both type 1 and type 2 adaptors. excellent bit of kit for simulating all the charge states when commissioning the charger.
The basic rolec charge check will simulate the car present but not do any fault states. I sold one recently.
most of the adaptors are much the same inside, essentially various resistances to indicate various states of charge etc..

Reply to EV charger testing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock